August 28, 2023
About Our Company
A global team of 45,000 people dedicated to providing flexible and reliable e-commerce solutions.
Proud to be recognized as a “Top Employer Europe” and a “Great Place to Work.”
Committed to reducing carbon emissions in the e-commerce sector.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Sr. Transportation Business Analyst will use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance the transportation processes and procedures to improve performance and solve business problems. This position will work collaboratively to apply methods such as time series analysis, operations research methods, and machine learning algorithms (e.g. trees, neural networks) to answer a wide range of transportation business problems. Analytics-related problems may relate to the DHLeC Transportation Department, DHLeC Distribution Center, or its customers, or carriers. Examples of these include but are not limited to, developing machine learning tools for route optimization and freight rates' prediction and performance analytics tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design scalable software platforms required by the Transportation team, DCT Network, P&D Network, and TOC to include OTM, Viewpoint, BI Dashboard and Scorecards on performance.
- Lead projects related to all processes around the transportation technical functions of OTM, Viewpoint, etc.
- Automate current manual processes and procedures utilizing new software utilizing knowledge and research.
- Interface with internal/external departments to understand requirements, priorities, and communicate suggestions to upper management.
- Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional environment.
- Understand and control all the data results of all business software and platforms to include OTM, Viewpoint, BI, among others, and support operations to modernize and improve the results.
- Understand and update of the Transportation SharePoint site and all information included in the site.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Study current process and procedures and design modifications.
- Ensure best practice use of applications by keeping abreast with technology to ensure optimal performance of the applications.
- Provide assistance on peak planning to transport team and provide tools for improved planning.
- Model cost scenarios such as impact scenarios: cost benefit analysis, potential volume increase/decrease in network, global impact events, etc.
- Assist on automating reports and enhancing report visibility and make them user-friendly.
- Document and articulate the steps taken in an analysis of the processes to improve.
- Document all processes and procedures in a manual for future use.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and verbal skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task and handle multi-projects simultaneously.
- Experience in working with databases
- Independent work ethic, with integrity, loyalty and a positive "can-do"- attitude
- Analytical skills required to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Modeling skills required to represent requirements information in graphical forms.
- Must be creative and enjoy solving problems.
- Advanced Microsoft Apps skills with experience in Power BI and Power Automate.
- Highly motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, related field, or comparable qualification.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products including PowerBI, Power Automate, and Microsoft suite of programs.
- Transportation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Transportation Management System preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python preferred.
- Physical demands are mostly consistent with a professional office setting.
- Regular sitting at work station for 25 - 75% of the work shift.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Travel as required (< 25%).
What we offer
As a Top Employer and leading logistics company, at DHL eCommerce Solutions, we are
committed to helping you build a career you'll love with benefits and incentives that support your
personal and professional well being:
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Programs
- Retirement Savings
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, wellbeing programs
- FSA/HSA availability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off including vacation and sick time
- Company Paid Holidays and Floating Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance & Work Life Program
- Short Term and Long
- Term Disability
- Life Insurance