December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Dematic is seeking a Senior Business Analyst, focused on US and Canadian tax technology integration and automation. This role is a key member of our core tax team providing automation and technology guidance and enhancements with an emphasis primarily on US and Canadian indirect taxes for a complex industry. Reporting to the Director of Tax, the candidate will be leading the creation, implementation, and maintenance of tax technology tools and process improvements, system automation, and data analytics. This role will assist in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing tax processes as well as developing more effective future processes with the expected implementation of SAP S4/HANA.
The successful candidate should have 4-7 years of experience in tax in a corporate setting and/or Public Accounting with a focus on tax technology. The candidate should also be comfortable communicating at a professional level, as well as taking a hands-on approach to their daily responsibilities.
This is What You Will do in This Role:
- Represents the tax department and acts as the primary liaison with other business functional departments, IT and the Business Transformation (S4/HANA) team.
- Leads process to provide support and/or identify tax technology needs and partners with IT to provide relevant options.
- Provides technical knowledge in the design (e.g. tax data requirements), development, implementation, maintenance, and support of enterprise tax systems.
- Implements and maintains tax automation and reporting tools as well as new system enhancements by gathering and documenting business requirements and partnering with IT to identify and test.
- Partners with others to understand and create specific business requirement documents, system configuration documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and communications to users.
- Assesses, documents, and improves processes and data flows related to tax.
- Stays informed on emerging tax technologies.
- Provides training where needed on all utilized technology tools & resources.
- Aids in software design and development that is sustainable, supportable and scalable.
- Interacts with Dematic associates, customers, tax advisors, state and local Departments of Revenue, and state and local assessors to resolve issues and maintain relationships
- Assists Director of Tax where needed on special projects, sales tax audits, etc.
What We are Looking For:
- BS/BA in Accounting, finance, or computer science relevant field
- At least 4-7 years of experience in related field, demonstrating successful execution of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- US and Canadian indirect tax experience (including audit/controversy experience) preferred (sales and use taxes / GST)
- Proficient understanding of data extract / transform / load (ETL) tools
- Prior experience in tax technology, including implementation and maintenance of automated tax systems
- Experience in developing process documentation as well as gathering/documenting requirements and participating in end user acceptance testing
- Ability to balance multiple demands with a strong sense of urgency and prioritization
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced Excel/Microsoft Office tools skills required
- Experience with SAP and indirect tax software such as SOVOS Global Tax Determination
- Experience implementing financial systems such as SAP S4/HANA
- Experience leading project management or financial process improvement.
- Experience working with third parties including services providers, auditors, and/or consultants.
What we offer
What we offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $65,000-$140,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.