February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Throughout coastal California, Irvine Company brings to life neighborhoods and sustainable communities with a full range of housing, jobs, retail centers, schools, parks and open space.
We take as much pride in our Associate community as we do in the communities we create. It’s an environment populated with talented people, a collaborative spirit and abundant opportunities. At Irvine Company, our success begins with you.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Sr. Business Analyst will support the Office Division on Salesforce and work closely with Senior Leaders and users to support and enhance the Customer Relationship Management System (Salesforce CRM) allowing us to attract and retain our customers and ensure operational efficacy. Work closely with leadership to design and document workflows, assist with and define/ support solutions for new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths. Analyze and document complex business processes, gather and interpret relevant information to thoroughly understand the customer’s/users’ requirements, then translate findings into specific software requirements. The analyst then guides the solution through the testing process with an eye on the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- As a member of the Salesforce and Marketing team, the Sr. Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for support and enhancement of the existing Salesforce and integrated web systems. Responsibilities include day-to-day break-fix support as well as implementing enhancements and projects by means of: analysis, requirements gathering, functional design specification, testing, training and documentation of Salesforce and web systems.
- This role will own the management of all requirements gathering, analysis, testing of incoming user requests, including effectively documenting and articulating tactical and strategic requirements to management, business stakeholders, and developers for the purpose of developing solutions for the business units involved.
- This role will serve as the functional expert for Salesforce applications and develop use cases and screen mock-ups describing business processes and expected functional experience.
- Ability to recommend and identify Salesforce solutions applicable to the commercial real estate industry leveraging existing technologies as well as your previous project and support experience.
- Serve as liaison between the business divisions and technical IT resources; interview staff and conduct functional business requirements gathering sessions; participate in primary and secondary research in the identification of solutions to meet business needs; analyze user requests for new capabilities, detail enhancements to existing systems, and new errors as found by the team and user community.
- Coordinate internal system release testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to facilitate effective and organized issue resolution. This includes training of the UAT team on the application and/or process change, and management of all phases of testing for the team’s supported applications.
- Serve as application support analyst for the help desk ticket queues for assigned Salesforce and Web Marketing systems. Quickly analyze, investigate, follow-up, and route all questions, queries, and service desk tickets as they arrive in the support queue. As an ongoing responsibility, this person must be able to systematically evaluate and update all service desk request records so they are accurate, up-to-date, and prioritized.
- Produce process maps, system diagrams, logical data models, business requirements, gap analysis, report specifications and other documentation as required for project analysis, planning and design. This role will be responsible for producing system documentation throughout the quarterly release cycle of enhancement requests. This includes standardized requirements documents and detailed design documents.
- Design test plans, including definition of test cases and the creation of detailed solution test scripts for UAT. Work with other teams and vendors to explore methods for automation of testing.
- Keep a high level of communication with management on daily activities and escalate issues to management in an efficient and constructive fashion.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Other Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Salesforce Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Experience (Certifications preferred but not required)
- Experience leading meetings, ability to independently conduct UAT, and ability to extract data and evaluate report options. Familiarity with principles of effective project management.
- Solid mathematical and technology aptitude and basic project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to think analytically, gather and interpret data to successfully solve problems.
- Must be able to understand technical concepts of the system environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a customer service attitude.
- Must be extremely well organized and thorough.
- Ability to see every problem or issue as a potential opportunity, strive for continual process improvement and approach daily tasks with a positive attitude and deep desire to elevate the customer experience.
- Expertise in Google Suite, especially Docs, Sheets, Slides and Lucid Charts.
- Information Technology (IT) members are expected to work in a hybrid environment. At present, that includes 3 days of working in the office and 2 days working remotely.
What we offer
Base Pay Range: $106,700.00 - $130,000.00
Actual placement within this range may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location.
The Company also offers competitive benefits for full time employees including paid time off, matching 401(k), and health benefits.