December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Candid is a nonprofit that provides the most comprehensive data and insights about the social sector.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. We find out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Vice President of Growth
35-hour work week, Monday through Friday
Flexible (remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid's offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; or Williamsburg, VA). Hybrid employees are expected to attend in-person team meetings and other gatherings in their office several times per year. Additionally, participation is expected during our annual, weeklong all-staff summit.
POSITION SUMMARYAs a Business Analyst specializing in Sales and Marketing, you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data related to sales, marketing campaigns, customer behavior, and market trends. You will provide insights that will inform decision making, optimize strategies, and ultimately empower change agents using Candid's products and services to make the work a better place.This role reports to directly to the Vice President of Growth and will work collaboratively with all departments in the Growth division and across multiple divisions (Product, Data, Finance, etc.) at Candid to ensure that the benefits of Candid's free and paid offerings are reaching all those, across the social sector, who need our services.
- Monitor and analyze sales, marketing, and user behavior to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement from both a sales and sector equity perspective, such as customer segmentation and volume, price points, plan levels, subscription term length, customer engagement, etc.
- Evaluate the performance of marketing campaigns and initiatives using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform data validation as necessary to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Synthesis data analysis into recommendations that will result in improved sales, marketing, and outreach outcomes.
- Conduct market research to identify industry trends, competitor strategies, and emerging opportunities.
- Evaluate, iterate, and maintain regular reports and dashboards to track sales and marketing performance. All reports/dashboards should summarize key findings and insights for stakeholders in a compelling, intuitive, and digestible way.
- Utilize historical data and statistical models to forecast sales trends, marketing outcomes and user behavior.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer support teams to set realistic targets and goals.
- 5+ years Business Analyst experience with at least 3 years working with sales and marketing teams.
- Proven track record as a Business Analyst delivering impactful insights and recommendations that drive growth of self-contributed data, SaaS, data service, API revenue.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and modeling techniques.
- Exceptional communications skills - verbal, written, and digital - that inspire, motivate, and provide clear direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and in a team.
- Familiarity with CRM software, data, and marketing automation tools is a plus.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail/deadline orientation a must.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the social sector preferred.
- B2B Subscription Product Experience Heavily Preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, or a related field preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
What we offer
$57,000 - $75,000 (this range is for the NYC area and will be adjusted for other localities; additionally, factors like skills and experience will be considered)
Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement contribution with additional option for a match, paid life insurance & AD&D, paid leave time (PTO, bereavement, volunteer, holiday, parental), short-term and long-term disability, pre-tax transit, FSA, Supplemental insurance, Summer hours, PSLF Program eligible employer