September 15, 2023
About Our Company
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success.
The company has more than 16,500 professionals in over 55 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Ability to Obtain Public Trust
What You Will Do
Are you a dynamic and visionary professional with a passion for driving product innovation and delivering exceptional customer experiences? Do you possess strong business analyst skills and a deep understanding of the product development lifecycle? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking a talented and driven Product Owner Business Analyst who can leverage their business analyst skills to understand customer needs, translate them into actionable requirements, and drive the development of innovative products that will propel our organization to new heights.
Responsibilities Will Include
Working on the Business Team, the Product Owner Business Analyst is responsible for confirming that all work products and deliverables produced by the team adhere to the program policies and regulations and comply with project management standards and processes.
- Documenting current business processes and stakeholder inputs and identifying best practices and process improvements and facilitating business/application related requirements discussions
- Constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities, writing specifications, and leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Monitoring project progress by tracking activities; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Planning iterations and communicating with overall program leadership and architects
- Collaborating with stakeholders, including customers, business leaders, and development teams, to define product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Conducting thorough market research and analysis to identify customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape, and translate them into actionable product requirements.
- Maintaining team backlog with input from Architects, technical leads, and other stakeholders and prioritizing backlog based on user value, time, and other dependencies
- Defining and prioritizing product features, user stories, acceptance criteria, and defects ensuring alignment with business goals and customer expectations.
- Working closely with development teams, providing clear and concise requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria, and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all product-related inquiries, clarifications, and feedback from stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Developing acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests working with testers
- Conducting user acceptance testing (UAT) and gather feedback to validate product functionality and usability, and drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor product performance, analyze user data and feedback, and identify opportunities for enhancements and new features to drive customer satisfaction and business growth.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong experience as a Business Analyst, with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex projects and products.
- Depth of experience in programs and business operations analysis and design
- Experience analyzing business processes and defining system requirements
- Ability to facilitate meetings and present business topics to diverse groups of business and non-business staff
- Experience working as a Product Owner on an agile scrum development team.
- Experienced with DevOps/Agile toolsets, and processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick to understand a financial-related software system, its components, and the mission of that system or platform.
- Teamwork, collaboration, good communication skills, negotiation, results oriented, accountable.
- Extensive experience working with client, building rapport and confidence in the team.
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch and beyond.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business needs into actionable requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, and familiarity with Agile Lifecycle Management tools, like JIRA.
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) principles and ability to advocate for user-centric design.
- Strong business acumen and ability to align product strategy with organizational goals
- Proficiency in all MS Office tools
What Would Be Nice To Have
- Experience with DevOps Pipeline, JIRA is preferred
- Masters Degree is preferred
- Azure architecture and/or developer certification is preferred
- Platform modernization experience in taking legacy applications to distributed solutions (SaaS, PaaS) is preferred
- Experience migrating Mainframe and monolithic systems to the Azure Cloud preferred
What we offer
The annual salary range for this position is $130,200.00-$195,300.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications & Learning Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Care.com annual membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft protection, etc.)
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus