December 4, 2023
About Our Company
At Pearson, our purpose is simple: to add life to a lifetime of learning. We believe that every learning opportunity is a chance for a personal breakthrough. That’s why our c.20,000 Pearson employees are committed to creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are the world’s leading learning company, serving customers in nearly 200 countries with digital content, assessments, qualifications, and data. For us, learning isn’t just what we do. It’s who we are.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Senior Product Business Analyst on the NBPTS product, you will be a key team member in a highly collaborative team continually working on a variety of complex and challenging projects. You will be an integral team member within our Agile software development team, responsible for product business analysis, design, working with the implementation team , and performing acceptance testing in a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality solutions in a collaborative, agile, results-driven environment. You will also be responsible for helping to design and maintain mission-critical applications as necessary. In this role you will be expected to continually grow, assist other team members and contribute to process improvement activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Gather project specifications, Create business cases. Translate high-level business needs into detailed requirements for new capabilities and change request/enhancements on existing capabilities,
- Analyze data to determine business problems, trends, or opportunities for process improvements,
- Create/execute test cases, Provide root cause analysis and corrective action plans,
- Verify delivery of customer needs, and Ensure quality delivery.
- Builds organizational and platform knowledge in one or more disciplines to advance professional track career.
- Create and maintain deliverables such as business vision, requirements and personalization to different clients, and user interface design.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle by actively participating on Agile scrum teams
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to identify product requirements.
- Support various aspects of requirements testing (e.g. testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production defects are realized and completing analysis of the results tying back to customer impacts.
- Effectively communicate with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting requirement walkthroughs and sprint reviews, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Assist execution of user acceptance testing, documenting process, requirements, and enabling execution
- Ability to analyze business processes, identify needs for advanced analytics solutions, and convey those insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding of process design and execution, ability to identify ways to integrate advanced analytics solutions into existing business processes
- Working knowledge of analytics governance processes, stakeholder management, project management / agile delivery
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- 3-5 years minimum as a product business analysis
- UX design background a plus
Desired Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- UI design software
- SQL/API skills
- Requirement solicitation skills
- Process design skills
What we offer
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
The minimum full-time salary range is between $90,000 - $100,000.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.