We are dedicated to transforming lives by improving the journey to a healthy, beautiful smile.
Discover your straight path to a bright future at Align Technology. As a part of our smart, diverse and fast-moving global team, you'll make an impact on the market leader that's moving an industry forward.
The Sr. Business Analyst, Product Analytics in the Product Innovation group at Align R&D works closely with business owners, product engineering and functional managers, cross-functional teams in R&D, IT, marketing, clinical, and operations to innovate orthodontic medical devices. This role owns the analytics business requirements and planning, design, development, validation of clinical/product parameters and definitions to help provide data-driven insights, metrics, and recommendations in driving the company’s product development roadmap.
Please note this role is NOT for those who are seeking data analyst or data scientist positions.
In this role, you will…
- Conduct requirements gathering & documentation - Facilitate meetings and/or design sessions to validate, prioritize, and document specific requirements for clinical parameters/definitions development and analytical activities
- Work with the multiple cross-functional teams located globally and locally, in clinical product development, business owners, data analytics/data engineering/data science, product engineering, QA, and SW development
- Interview clinical/technical experts to formulate and clarify clinical rules for data labeling and work with SW/Data engineering teams for data logging
- Perform user tests to validate the implemented logic against business requirements
- Lead projects with technical independence and proactively find problems to solve
- Work with management to establish proper data governance and usage guidelines for clinical analytics in the global organization
- Manage documentation of clinical definitions and metrics, prepare education materials for internal & external stakeholders for clinical analytics awareness
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Invisalign products and operational procedures
- Improve Align’s clinical data integrity by closely working with data analytics/engineering teams to identify and fix inconsistencies in Clinical DB
- Run SQL queries for analyzing data discrepancies and to prepare example datasets for data population validation and data review
- Perform explorative treatment review to identify clinical features of interest and define a scope of requirements
- Act as a subject matter expert of clinical definitions/metrics and provide active mentorship to other team members and peers
- Provide guidelines for product/clinical complaint classification and improvement input for process workflow
- Manage R&D Data-on-file records submission, approval and maintenance on Electronic Document Management System.
In this role, you’ll need …
- BS or MS in science or engineering disciplines
- 8+ years of experience in Business Analysis (Business Analyst), Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, or Product Management
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills, with ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of people and functions to drive to a timely solution
- Demonstrable experience gathering business requirements and user story development
- Experience validating database schema creation, table population, and quality required
- 3+ years of experience with querying relational database (e.g., SQL) required
- Strong presentation and documentation skills - proficient in PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Proven technical writing skills and expertise
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., python) preferred
- Self-motivated, self-starter willing to work through barriers and strive for continuous improvement
- Desire and willingness to development clinical understanding of Invisalign product and orthodontics
Salary Range: $144,500 to $168,700 USD