December 10, 2023
About Our Company
Prologis, Inc. is the global leader in logistics real estate. In partnership with our customers and our communities, we develop modern, high-quality properties that set the standard for innovative building design and sustainability. Prologis owns or has investments in properties and development projects of ~1.2 billion square feet in 19 countries and enables 2.8% of the world’s GDP.
Beyond real estate, our Essentials platform optimizes the company’s global asset portfolio to provide our customers solutions that address today’s warehouse and shipping challenges. Prologis Ventures invests in logistics innovation and technology companies to modernize supply chains worldwide.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As Senior Technical Business Analyst for Billing and Asset Operations, you will facilitate and drive strategic conversations with business partners to elicit, analyze, document, and validate business requirements and processes. This role leads activities related to software development, people change management, data governance, process improvement, business policy change, and reporting and analytics. This role resides within the Energy, Mobility and Sustainability Technology Team and reports to the Director of Billing and Asset Operations. This role will own critical corporate applications and serve as an expert on data, application configuration and connectivity with other corporate systems specifically focused on asset management and billing operations. This position will drive Prologis’ investments into the technology that supports our rapidly growing Solar, Storage, Electric Vehicle, Sustainability, and Energy Services Business’.
What’s Needed To Do That
- Elicit requirements through in-person or virtual communications, direct technical discovery and expertise in asset management for energy, sustainability, and mobility.
- Partner with Business leaders in Solar, Storage, Electric Vehicle, Sustainability, and Energy Services Business, and other related departments to design, build, deploy systems supporting asset management and billing operations.
- Document & communicate business requirements in the form of user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Develop a specialist understanding of the business’ needs to become a thought-leader that drives innovation, efficiency, and foundational value to the organization.
- Analyze and document current-state versus future-state business processes.
- Analyze and communicate sophisticated processes, including calculation detail for key metrics.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the business and technical teams to prioritize requirements, evaluate solutions, identify potential risks, define proposed solutions, and propose interim workarounds.
- Identify and resolve conflicts and negotiate changes in priorities, design, and/or scope.
- Facilitate demonstrations, user acceptance testing, and occasional training activities around the release of new products or functionality.
- Lead and execute change management plans by analyzing the impact of change on various business partners.
- Successfully engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives, estimate time required to deliver artifacts, and report progress toward delivery goals.
- Work independently with minimal direction, with equal ability to work collaboratively with the team.
- Team up with project manager to build robust financial forecasts and assist in staffing discussions.
Tell us if you're ready.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of business analyst experience.
- Ability to articulate Return on Investment (ROI) of underlying initiatives
- Ability to use technical skill such as SQL and Python along with data tools to define, perform & scope work.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage offshore development and QA resources.
- Knowledge of system integrations, data modeling and system architecture a big plus.
- Experience in some aspect of the commercial real estate or energy transformation industries preferred.
- Experience in agile methodologies and with process management tools such as Jira, Rally, etc.
- Experience working on Customer Billing Operations, Construction Management, Financial Systems or IoT Device Management initiatives and technologies preferred.
- Experience planning people change management efforts and working with executives and senior business leadership.
- Instinct to ask relevant probing questions that get to the “why” behind business requests.
- Comfortable with consensus building and soliciting constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated focus on continuous development, results delivery, high performance, and accountability.
- Strong critical thinking and verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to distill relevant and accurate information from potentially ambiguous business descriptions.
- Proven track record to make recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g., cost, risk, short-term vs. long-term impact) and are supported by a sound fact-base to achieve an efficient outcome.
What we offer
Hiring Salary Range of $107,000 - $131,000. Salary and total compensation package to be determined by the candidate’s location, education, experience, and skills, as well as internal pay equity and alignment with market data. All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.