Insights you can act on
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. We are insights-driven and outcomes-based to help accelerate returns on your investments. Across 21 industries in 400 locations worldwide, we provide comprehensive, scalable and sustainable IT and business consulting services that are informed globally and delivered locally.
Do you have a proven interest in information technology and business and a passion for learning? Are you a go-to problem solver that is motivated to make an impact by crafting customized business efficiencies for our clients? If so, joining CGI as a Business Analyst could be the ideal opportunity for you.
You will join one of our many teams and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment to provide expertise in designing, developing and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services for our clients. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You are empowered to tackle problems in your own unique way, which is not only valued and respected, but encouraged.
Working with various clients in the US Federal space, we support missions that foster national security, foreign relations and resilient democratic societies. Since 1976, CGI has partnered with the U.S. federal government to support a wide variety of organizations and unique missions. CGI provides a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, and chart your own career!
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Support End-Users: Provide quality client support by answering questions, identifying possible solutions to issues, documenting resolutions, and communicating guidance to end users.
- Perform In-Depth Analysis: Develop your knowledge of our client’s industry, organization, and business objectives. Understanding the business needs of our client, troubleshoot challenging solutions that include software issues, data issues, maintenance, and system configuration.
- Support System Changes:
- Follow established Change Request/SDLC processes to implement new functionality or issue resolutions.
- Create and/or maintain systems documentation, training materials and user guides regarding functionality and business processes for new or existing systems.
- Create test plans, traceability matrices, test scenarios, and test cases for functionality testing.
- Perform system testing to assess how well a product adheres to its design, standards, as well as its usability and ability to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Understand business requirements and translate them to executable work for a cross-functional team.
- Attend and participate in Agile ceremonies – including Daily Stand-Up Meetings, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinements, Sprint Retrospectives, and PI Planning events.
An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree. Preferred areas of study include Computer Science, IS/IT, Mathematics, Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or STEM related disciplines.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (e.g., business analysis, software support, client/customer support), including experience with the CGI proprietary ERP system, Momentum.
- 3+ Years of Experience in working with SQL, Python, Java, HTML or CSS
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Affinity for mentorship of junior members of the team to coach, peer review and assist with learning business processes
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support multiple work streams.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
- 1+ Years of Experience working on Analytics and Business Intelligence focused initiatives, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- 1+ Years of Experience using Microsoft Power Platform, ServiceNow, Salesforce or other low-code development tools.
- Experience with project management tools or products (Atlassian, ServiceNow, Summit, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience working with various self-service business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile-based environment or understanding of the software lifecycle and/or Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting principles.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000 - $130,000