Headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, IPG (Intertape Polymer Group) is a global provider of packaging and protective solutions across a diversified set of geographies and end-markets. The Company develops, manufactures, and sells a variety of solutions including paper and film-based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, stretch and shrink films, protective packaging, woven and non-woven products and packaging machinery.
Title: IT Project Business Analyst
Department: Information Systems
Immediate Supervisor: Sr. Director, IT Project Management
Position Purpose: The IT Project Business Analyst is responsible for business aspects (i.e., technical, and operational) of the requirements and analysis phase of all IT projects. Responsible for ensuring that the final deliverable of a software development project meets all the intended needs of the business. IT Project Business Analyst will need to be able to understand the SDLC models and their specific activities to manage an application development project, deliver solid set of requirements artifacts, understand the project standards, develop, and implement solid test plans and test cases/scenarios to accurately test all aspects of the system and to maintain detailed and accurate documentation per project standards.
- Develop, manage, and lead various IT projects in collaboration with IT Project Manager for development and management of project plans, define and deliver individual project deliverables, manage expectations working with all business and IT stakeholders, communicate and manage tasks and activities to a schedule with the team, and provide feedback to team members as appropriate.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques facilitating creation of BRD business requirements documentation, business process map creation, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e., day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards. Work closely with IT Project Manager in ensuring the tasks are well documented, tracked and reported on timely basis. Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Work closely with technical team members (Solutions Architect and Business Intelligence resources) in developing solutions meeting business requirements
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel as necessary, and perform additional job-related duties as requested.
- Related tasks as requested by supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Business Analyst Experience
- Advanced business acumen and strategic ability
- Advanced analytical skills and knowledge of statistics
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams in various locations
- Experience managing Software Development projects and knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methods
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models/methodologies, IT systems and their direct implementation to projects.
- Leadership and management skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of software development projects.
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Ability to apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques, including UML, use case, activity, and sequence diagrams.
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques.
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools.
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies, and models.
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical/implementation levels.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train personnel within a technical organization.
- Strong analytical and planning skills/experience with software development projects.
- Travel Between 10-15%
Salary Range: $130,000/yr - $158,000/yr