February 29, 2024
About Our Company
A Fortune 200 company headquartered in Baltimore, Constellation Energy Corporation (Nasdaq: CEG) is the nation’s largest producer of clean, carbon-free energy and a leading supplier of energy products and services to businesses, homes, community aggregations and public sector customers across the continental United States, including three fourths of Fortune 100 companies. With annual output that is nearly 90% carbon-free, our hydro, wind and solar facilities paired with the nation’s largest nuclear fleet have the generating capacity to power the equivalent of 15 million homes, providing about 10% of the nation’s clean energy. We are further accelerating the nation’s transition to a carbon-free future by helping our customers reach their sustainability goals, setting our own ambitious goal of achieving 100% carbon-free generation by 2040, and by investing in promising emerging technologies to eliminate carbon emissions across all sectors of the economy.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Sr Business Analyst-Growth is a client service oriented individual contributor position who works independently with only general direction and will support a collaborative effort with cross-functional stakeholders to prepare and/or deliver sound business proposals, contracts, invoicing/accounts billable for clients. Responsibility will include support to build governance including policies, processes, procedures, and tools to execute activities for Nuclear Growth revenue streams. The responsible individual will be key in interfacing cross-functionally across the broader organization, securing necessary integration into the existing financial methodologies, anticipating the financial metric needs of an evolving department, and developing metrics and reports to demonstrate cost control and profitability of Growth projects.
Primary Duties And Accountabilities
- Governance: Support development and maintain corporate-wide process and procedures for intake, evaluation, and approval of external Growth opportunities. Support development and drive implementation of process to recognize revenue and accounts receivable leveraging codified financial systems and organizations. Create resources and tools to promote efficient and effective execution of Growth opportunities. Coordinate Growth Review Committee meetings including scheduling, materials and maintaining minutes and action item list. (35%)
- Financial: Ensure accurate reporting of labor and non-labor costs to provide a clear accounting to support the invoicing of labor, subcontracts, and expenses to our customers. Communicate forecasted revenue, resource offset, expenses, contract issuance and other applicable information to Finance, Accounting and Tax. Perform financial reviews to assess profit center performance as it pertains to achieving margins matching the expected return on investment (ROI). Develop financial reports for briefings, presentations, and recommendations on financial performance to VP New Nuclear Technology and Growth (NNT&G), Sr Manager Services Agreements and strategic steering committees. (25%)
- Commercial Support: Interface with cross-functional stakeholders to collect information for reports, proposals, and contract development. Support the preparation, review, and analysis of pricing services to clients. Process & validate invoices and track accounts receivable as per the contracted terms. Ensure all contract creation, execution, and payments are completed and adhere to Constellation financial delegation of authority. Interface with clients on matters pertaining to financial processes and financial information. (25%)
- Miscellaneous: Lead the department annual budgeting & long-range planning processes by providing direction, guidance, and performance data to NNT&G leadership to ensure business plan and financial goals are achieved. Track completion of Growth Business Plan cross-functional area action items. Collect information from functional areas on Growth opportunities and prepare presentations for internal business meetings. Support processes to ensure internal compliance to all client and legal requirements. Collaborate on emergent special projects. (15%)
- 4-year degree in a business-related field and minimum of 6 years of experience in related sales, finance, or business operations; or, a combination of 10 years post-secondary education and experience.
- Financial analysis skills and exposure to accounting principles and financial metrics.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office or other project management/data analysis tools.
- 8 years of exposure in Constellation finance, business operations, supply, or project controls.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and experience creating high quality executive presentations.
- Familiarity with business development organizations
- Working knowledge of Constellation's Nuclear Management Model and fleet organization.
- Experience using AssetSuite9, Oracle and Power BI.
- MBA or PMP
What we offer
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits and rewards, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Expected salary range of $91,800 to $102,000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k).