September 8, 2023
About Our Company
AlohaCare is a community-led, non-profit health plan founded in 1994 by Hawai
i’s community health centers and is the only health plan solely dedicated to serving those eligible for Hawaii's QUEST Integration (Medicaid) and Medicare program.
AlohaCare’s vision is to see empowered individuals living in healthy communities in Hawai`i. We support individual wellness and promote community access to quality care in collaboration with community health centers and others who share our commitment.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The External Senior Business Analyst will serve as the technical/project liaison between the IT department, internal business units, and external stakeholders. The focus of this position is to foster the technical relationship with external stakeholders to ensure that all AlohaCare initiatives are communicated and managed effectively. This position will be responsible for onsite visits to the external stakeholders and work with their technical teams and business units to provide support in meeting the AlohaCare goals related to Quality, infrastructure, and technical projects.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Business Support Services and communicates any important information about the organization or in-flight projects to other employees in the IT department.
- Perform project management duties for AlohaCare on process improvement tasks, compliance projects, and any other project or task related to external entities.
- Oversees all project management on external projects. This includes organizing meetings, keeping task lists, interfacing with AlohaCare users, external parties, and the vendors involved.
- Work in collaboration with the manager and staff of any business unit involved to develop solutions for all identified problems that arise.
- When necessary, work with the manager and staff of the business units involved with external projects to identify areas of improvement and execute process improvement projects that will automate current manual processes for external stakeholders.
- Work with all business units and understand reporting requirements and will lead all projects with the necessary staff and/or vendors to develop or modify new and existing reports and will also work with the internal Business Intelligence department to get the required reports created in the BI software.
- Develops and delivers informative and well-organized presentations to staff.
Work with the external users such as CHCs, Providers, and AlohaCare employees to help with any issues related to any external projects.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Uses creative thinking beyond the boundary of existing industry practices and staff mindset.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the CIO or an IT manager.
- Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
- Interface with providers and internal staff on HEDIS data gathering activities related to third-party population health systems (AZARA, i2i). Manage the HEDIS data extract processes only and not the whole HEDIS initiative.
- Work with the providers on any project where they need internal help with any AlohaCare system or process. This could be helping to train providers or putting processes in place at the provider location to run reports or help configure the system with the provider.
- Work with the CHCs or the other provider community with IT projects that have a joint purpose. This could be working with the provider to understand AC-Online better, helping with batch membership verification (270/271), or EPSDT projects.
Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Health, Management or other related field) or equivalent combinations of education and experience
5 years of relevant experience.
Strong verbal and written communication in English.
Requires operation of general office equipment to include; PC, fax/copy machine and ACD Mitel Phones.
Advanced skills using Microsoft Programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Strong organizational skills.
Positive attitude and ability to accept direction.
Excellent attendance, must be punctual and reliable
Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
Available for weekend or extra hours work during project implementation or whenever necessary to accomplish tasks.
Must be able to telecommute if necessary using personal equipment
Possession of valid driver’s license with access to a reliable insured automobile
Personal Transportation for onsite visits to AlohaCare stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Health, Management or other related field.
- 5 years of QNXT experience or other claims processing systems.
- 5 years of GuidingCare experience or other care management systems.
- Intermediate Transact-SQL Skills
- Health Catalyst experience.
- Previous experience creating user manuals, project plans, and user documentation.
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry.
- Previous experience with the Quest/QI Medicaid and/or and Medicare program.
- PMI-PBA or CBAP Certification.
Mental, Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Inside working conditions
- No environmental hazards
- Requires operation of general office equipment to include PC
What we offer
Salary Range: $65,000 - $95,000 annually