Arch Insurance Group Inc., a division of Arch Capital Group Ltd. (ACGL), is a market-leading specialty insurer.
We provide a wide range of property, casualty and specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions across the United States and Canada.
Our insurance group in North America consists of Arch Insurance Company, Arch Specialty Insurance Company and Arch Excess & Surplus Insurance Company. Arch Insurance Group's executive offices are located at One Liberty Plaza in New York City, with regional offices located in New York City (Northeast Region), Atlanta (Southeast Region), Chicago (Central Region) and San Francisco (Western Region), as well as other offices throughout the U.S. to support our business. Arch Insurance Company also operates a branch office in Toronto, Canada.
ACGL is a Bermuda public limited liability company that provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through operations in Bermuda, the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong.
As a Senior Business Analyst within the Arch Insurance Claims organization, you will be responsible for delivering key analytical insights, building dashboards and automating reports to serve all layers of the Claims organization. This high visibility role has direct exposure to senior leaders across Arch Insurance. Your efforts will have a high impact on delivering performance metrics to the Claim organization to facilitate achieving our growth and profitability targets. This role reports to the Manager of Claims Analytics and is an individual contributor position.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to gather requirements for the build out of Power BI dashboards and various reports to provide performance insights and tracking of KPIs to all layers of the organization.
- Work with multiple data sources including internal claim system data, external TPA data, vendor data and user provided data to provide key insights into business performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with supporting functions such as IT, AMS (Internal LEAN team), Strategic Analytics (Predictive modeling team) and others to deliver innovative solutions to address meaningful business issues.
- Compile information into cohesive and succinct presentations to deliver key insights and trend analysis to senior leaders including the Chief Claims Officer on a regular basis.
- Partner with the TPA Oversight team to build out and to improve TPA data quality and build a TPA Performance Scorecard that can be leveraged to drive business decisions around TPA performance and utilization.
- Partner with Vendor Management and Litigation Management teams to identify, develop and analyze KPIs that drive expense efficiency where we engage external partners.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the build out of task based staffing and capacity models for the major lines of businesses handled internally and produce reports to monitor staffing expense.
- Background in P&C insurance, reporting and building dashboards
- 5+ years working experience as a Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
- 7+ years working experience with continually progressing responsibility
- Highly proficient with SQL database functionality, advanced skills with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet knowledge, formulas, pivot tables, queries, macros, etc.
- Highly proficient in Power BI, COGNOS or other business intelligence and reporting services
- Smartsheet experience
- Experience working with multiple systems / datasets for aggregation and analysis
- Strong ability trouble shoot and problem solve
- Adept at identifying opportunities and strategies to improve existing process efficiency (proactive and reactive)
- Proficient with Snowflake, SQL database functionality, advanced skills with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet knowledge, formulas, pivot tables, queries, macros, etc.
- Proficient in Power BI, COGNOS or other business intelligence and reporting services
- Exceptional analytical skills to understand key drivers of the business as well as forecast how various levers can impact business trends and results
- Excellent communication skills in addressing business and technical matters with members of senior management and the technical teams
- Exceptional client-facing skills with requirement gathering using a variety of methods to uncover client needs
- Strong insurance business acumen as well as technical solutions expertise
- Experience delivering results as an individual contributor as well as in a team setting
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills to work directly with management to identify scope and requirements to effectively align analysis with evolving criterion
- Strong professional and executive presence to interact with all levels including senior management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or insurance industry designations
For individuals assigned or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, NJ; New York State; and/or Washington State, the base salary range is listed below. This range is as of the time of posting. Position is incentive eligible.
$80,000 to $120,000/year