Our mission at Genesis Global is to empower developers with high-performance engineering using low-code technology. Our core platform combines a low-code framework with pre-built and customizable applications and components, to supercharge development of secure and resilient applications.
We believe technology is key to driving dynamic and competitive global financial markets. Our goal is to reinvent how the industry builds software, by replacing the buy vs. build challenge with a buy-to-build paradigm.
With years of financial markets and technical expertise, the Genesis team understands how financial markets organizations need to innovate their products, services and applications with speed and agility to maintain a competitive edge. Strategically backed by Citi and trusted by B3, ING and London Clearinghouse, Genesis has global offices in New York (HQ), Miami, Charlotte, London, São Paulo, Bengaluru and Dublin.
We are currently recruiting for an Analyst to join the Application Development team. Reporting to the Head of Business Analysts, the role will suit a technical and commercially minded individual. You will have an in-depth knowledge of Capital Markets, and be comfortable consulting with some of our key strategic clients.
How You’ll Play Your Part
- Interfacing with clients to gather solution requirements (typically working on multiple assignments in parallel)
- Understanding the current and proposed business process that the solution is intended to solve for
- Understanding the wider business flows and systems at the customer site that provide the context into which a new solution will be introduced
- Analyzing/understanding client data (because the data often conveys context & requirements that can otherwise be missed)
- Distilling the understanding of client context/requirements into short documents and diagrams to communicate those internally and back to the client
- Understanding where new solutions overlap with and can re-use elements from existing solutions
- Working with the technical architect & product development team to help them understand business requirements and input to the solution detailed design
- Present back to the customer both their requirements and the features of the new solution to solve them
- Performing a degree of QA for new product feature releases in preparation for delivering to the clients and/or providing inputs/reviews to a dedicated test team on larger projects
- Contribute to departmental and company-wise process improvement
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven industry experience as a Business/Solution Analyst with at least 4-7 years deep relevant experience in building capital markets solutions that process financial instruments
- Proven industry experience following Agile Software Development practices
- Proven industry experience working with business stakeholders and external clients
- A good understanding of practices related to financial applications
- Knowledge of the typical flows and functionality associated with handling business flows in one or more asset types; equities, fixed income, FX, listed future and option, OTC derivatives
- The ability to translate business concepts into system requirements
- The ability to constructively participate and critique in technical and functional discussions with talented technical architects and lead developers
- Understand the technical makeup of Genesis products in such a way they can be explained to non-technical users
- Ability to perform gap analysis
Salary: Up to $130,000 depending on experience.