December 10, 2023
About Our Company
Tricon Residential Inc. (NYSE: TCN, TSX: TCN) is an owner and operator of a growing portfolio of more than 36,000 single-family rental homes in the U.S. Sun Belt and multi-family apartments in Canada. Our commitment to enriching the lives of our employees, residents and local communities underpins Tricon’s culture and business philosophy. We provide high-quality rental housing options for families across the United States and Canada through our technology-enabled operating platform and dedicated on-the-ground operating teams. Our development programs are also delivering thousands of new rental homes and apartments as part of our commitment to help solve the housing supply shortage. At Tricon, we imagine a world where housing unlocks life’s potential.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Business Analyst will be based in our headquarters office located in Tustin, California, serving as support across all centralized departments, regional management, and other cross-functional teams as needed. The ideal candidate will be able to create robust operational and financial models from scratch, with the ability to translate and communicate the results into actionable items. As part of a rapidly growing company and industry, this position will require innovative thinking and a desire to constantly improve processes and output from the Centralized Operations team.
- Lead and support strategy implementation across centralized and field operations; including procurement and supply chain, maintenance, construction, property sustainability, resident experience, and property management.
- Enhance reporting and improve efficacy of horizontal support departments.
- Support field teams in improving KPI’s across maintenance/construction and property management functions.
- Support corporate office in financial and external reporting; including monthly internal reporting, quarterly MD&A, ESG and GRESB annual reports.
- Proactively identify trends, opportunities, and concerns at the property-, market-, and portfolio-level. Provide recommendations to leadership based on these findings.
- Aggregate and validate data from multiple source systems to develop operational models.
- Lead decision making on various efforts to improve the efficiency surrounding data collection and reporting.
- Work with the Tricon IT team to ensure data availability and accuracy within the data warehouse.
- Serve as a key resource in implementation of new technologies, including Microsoft Power BI and Tricon proprietary software.
- Act as a key liaison between the business, finance and accounting, and IT to continuously improve the flow of data and communication.
- Assess existing processes to develop improvements in efficiency and accuracy with an emphasis on scalability.
- Bridge the gap between operational expenses and accounting policies to understand and speak intelligently about how operations is reflected in the financial statements.
- Encourage team members to think creatively and challenge the status quo. Search for resolutions to longstanding problems.
- Prepare and present operational and economic models to support strategic initiatives.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to create robust operational and financial models.
- Knowledge of real estate industry / terminology is a plus.
- SQL and Microsoft Power BI experience a plus.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and highly analytical.
- Looks for creative solutions and works through problems before asking for help.
- Writes clearly and informatively and presents numerical data in an easy to digest format.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related fields.
- 5+ years of successful experience in an equivalent role.
- Knowledge of budgeting, costing, and reporting systems.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Experience in financial modeling, data mining, and data analysis.
What we offer
$72,400.00 - $120,660.00