Core Digital Media
Senior Business Analyst
About Our Company
Core Digital Media brands empower people to improve their financial lives every day. We have helped millions of consumers save thousands of dollars off a variety of recurring expenses including their mortgage, insurance premiums, credit card fees, etc. We attempt to offer the optimal experience to each consumer through educational content and comparison-shopping that addresses their individual needs and specific stage of their journey.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team “comes to win”. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. Core Digital Media rewards hard work, promotes from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Core Digital Media (CDM) is seeking a Sr Business Analyst to join our Analytics Group. As part of the Data Team, you will work closely with Data Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics; to understand available data, monitor business trends, implement tracking, and develop new KPIs. You will also partner closely with marketing and SEO stakeholders, to support and optimize organic traffic growth and email campaigns.
The Sr Business Analyst will work across the organization identifying actionable insights to drive strategic business decisions. This collaborative role will query data from multiple databases, research and implement innovative ways to look at data, perform a wide range of formal and ad hoc analyses, and present recommendations across all levels of the company. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills to support senior leadership and external partners.
- Manage day to day business trends, focusing on both short and long-term impacts to key KPIs.
- Build dynamic dashboards in Tableau to track key KPIs, consumer/campaign insights, and empower business clients to discover actionable insights.
- Preparing and cleansing large sets of data, as required for reporting and analysis.
- Analyze data through exploratory data analyses, statistical modeling, or other methodologies to solve business questions and identify areas for optimization and automation.
- Lean on your expertise with SQL, Statistics, and Probability to dive into the data. Your goal would be to extract deep insights, build hypotheses, and make business recommendations for the stakeholders.
- Partner with Data science team in ideation and collaboration for building of ML models and analyze the predictions to derive actionable insights and facilitate effective decision-making
- Develop what-if models to apply to a variety of business problems.
- Work closely with colleagues across CDM and build strong relationships with: Data, Marketing, Product, Sales, and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Summarize and present analytical findings to stakeholders to support strategic planning discussions.
- Proactively provide updates on progress and/or blockers when working on tasks and seek out feedback for continued self-improvement.
- Proficient with SQL or a related language
- Proficient with developing reports and dashboards utilizing BI visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to cultivate and foster effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Expert with Excel, in particular advanced functions, pivot tables, and macros
- Prior experience using statistics and probability in a senior role to analyze the data and to provide recommendations for the business.
- Story Telling: Proficient in crafting and telling business stories which make it easy for a diverse audience to understand the information.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data with Python, R, SAS, or other statistical computing languages.
- Intermediate understanding of Google Analytics including data collection, reports, and some advanced analysis/marketing tools.
- Knowledge of statistical measures (hypothesis testing, regressions, etc.) and the ability to explain methodologies to a range of audiences.
- Experience with SEO and email campaign analysis
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience delivering business analytics, and a proven track record of collaborating with a cross functional team, to deliver results.
- Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
What we offer
$90,000/yr - $115,000/yr