December 1, 2023
About Our Company
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Sr. Business Analyst role will work for the IP Management & Legal IT team, overseeing a portfolio of SaaS applications in support of General Counsel. The Sr. BA will serve as the primary interface to business users and will be tasked with fully understanding their business processes, workflows, and information requirements. Responsibilities also include management and coordination with vendors, as well as technical support of some applications as needed.
- Collect, review, analyze, and manage business user requirements and transform them into user stories
- Document detailed functional and data business requirements, process flows, use cases, and information needs
- Provide support to users in all groups and act as the point-of-contact for end-user support
- Escalate support issues with vendors to facilitate quick resolution when application bugs and issues are found
- Manage and maintain vendor applications hosted on-prem, including deployment of server/application upgrades and hotfixes from the vendor
- Execute API calls to retrieve data (and store it appropriately using database tools), as well as to update data as needed
- Create test scenarios, test newly vendor-released functionality, and coordinate UAT
- Ensure that delivery of project and enhancement requirements meets the needs defined by the business customer
- Facilitate training sessions and demos with stakeholders and application users, and have a thorough understanding of the system so that user questions can be properly addressed
- Troubleshoot open application tickets, including defect reporting and resolution, and provide customer service to clients
- Support the development of strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and strong working relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders, and team members
- Create reports and dashboards for team members at both the management and individual level
- Maintain users, user roles, security, and profiles
Qualifications And/or Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience as Business Analyst or similar position
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or comparable disciplines
- Experience in an agile environment with preferred experience working in a scrum tool like Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface directly with business users of all levels including executive leadership
- Strong technical skills and experience deploying vendor supplied applications and related changes/hotfixes to on-prem servers
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with APIs in order to capture and update data from vendor supplied applications
- Evidence of business acumen in order to quickly get up-to-speed with conversations around user requirements, processes, and pain points
- Database knowledge: Familiarity with database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Oracle is important for handling data storage and retrieval, basic understanding of SQL
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs. Knowledge of tools like Postman or Swagger for API testing and documentation is advantageous.
- Prior experience in the Entertainment Industry, preferably in Television, Home Entertainment, or Film is a huge plus
- Prior experience with General Counsel applications and terminology preferred
What we offer
The anticipated base salary for this position is $105,000 - $119,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.