December 1, 2023
About Our Company
For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world.
Today, we're a leading global financial services firm with operations servicing clients in more than 100 countries.
Whether we are serving customers, helping small businesses, or putting our skills to work with partners, we strive to identify issues and propose solutions that will propel the future and strengthen both our clients and our communities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As an experienced professional in Business Analysis, you'll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition to working with the development team to create new solutions, you'll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills - including expertise in everything from data management to functional design - it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your Business Analysis colleagues, while promoting the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Develop a technical business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience in modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Experience in project management, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource planning
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
What we offer
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.