December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Since 1979, Honda of America Manufacturing has been committed to building quality products for our customers and quality communities where our associates live and work.
Based upon a philosophy of respecting each individual, we have built a culture of involvement and creativity that harnesses the collective power of each and every team member.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Digital Services Development is tasked with the strategy and execution of digital services designed to add value to vehicle ownership and generate revenue for American Honda Motor (AHM). As vehicles become more connected, Honda is working to develop industry-leading digital services and programs to delight customers. This Senior Business Analyst role is a critical component to delivering on AHM’s goals for digital products. This role will assist in shaping the digital services for Honda and Acura vehicles by working closely with the Project Leader and key stakeholders from ideation of future services through go-to-market planning. This is an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly evolving and increasingly important part of Honda's digital products, subscriptions, and services platform.
- Support planning and documentation of digital services
- Business planning support: Support the business planning activities for Honda digital products and services that will focus on planning future services from ideation through go-to-market planning. Work with the Project Leader to develop new services and packages that prioritize customer value, user experience (UX), and corporate initiatives.
- Documentation: Capture and document planning activities for the purpose of information sharing and alignment. Assist in creating and delivering business proposals for executive approval. Write clear and thorough Business Requirement Documents (BRD) by facilitating the gathering, analysis, and documentation of business requirements for our digital services.
- Business analysis: Develop expertise in the drivers, levers, KPIs, and financial implications of each business model. Develop simulations and models to understand the potential impact of business proposals and decisions.
- Work closely with the Honda Global Office to align and coordinate business planning activities, including sharing data and validating assumptions.
- Coordinate with IT teams to align on technology needs, dependencies, and timelines. Support documentation processes and procedures needed for planning.
- Coordinate with legal teams to understand the legal and privacy implications of digital products, ensuring compliance with guidelines and best practices.
- Support business development efforts
- Gather information and data to support the Project Leader in recommending solutions and developing proposals using data and market research.
- Analyze and identify consumer trends, customer pain points, and needs, working closely with stakeholders, UX teams, and Product Planning to drive ideation.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements, new features, and functionality.
- Work with operations, sales, and dealer-facing teams to identify opportunities to drive successful enrolment and acquisition strategies as part of planning efforts.
- Communication and coordination
- Maintain regular communication with Project Leader(s) and relevant stakeholders to ensure success for projects and activities.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of how the organization works, acquiring domain knowledge to become an SME and gain trust with colleagues.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the business including international colleagues for information sharing and alignment to ensure success
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for qualified people and diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic, to bring the future to Honda.
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis or Product Management.
- 5+ years of experience in high-tech subscriptions or services, including use cases, requirements definition, and business modeling. This includes automotive, connected cars, software, media, and/or Internet of Things (IoT).
- 5+ years of experience evaluating and analyzing data and analytics, specifically for recurring, subscription-based revenue with attention to detail and data-driven decisions.
- Experience with digital product development processes and systems. The automotive industry is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent professional experience supported by subject matter training.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and work at strategic and tactic levels simultaneously.
- Ability to challenge current thinking in constructive ways.
- Ability to work independently and respond rapidly in a fast-changing environment.
- High level of attention to detail while maintaining the vision of the larger business objectives and meeting company goals.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel is required.
- Strong sense of product/domain ownership and bias for action.
- Highly positive and collaborative individual who excels at developing working relationships, building consensus, and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary $64,480 - $92,400
- Pay will be based on several variables that include, but are not limited to geographic location, work experience, education, etc.
- Annual Bonus
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks on-site