February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Paycor’s human capital management (HCM) platform modernizes every aspect of people management, from recruiting, onboarding, and payroll to career development and retention, but what really sets us apart is our focus on leaders. For more than 30 years, we’ve been listening to and partnering with leaders, so we know what they need; a unified HR platform, easy integration with third party apps, powerful analytics, talent development tools, and configurable technology that supports specific industry needs. That’s why more than 30,000 customers trust Paycor to help them solve problems and achieve their goals.
Job Description & Responsibilities
At Paycor, a Senior Business Analyst supports our product direction and strategies by directing the efforts of an assigned development team. They operate within an Agile team and work directly with the Product Manager and Development Manager to convey product vision, strategy and direction to the Engineering Team. They’re the primary communication channel between the business stakeholders and the delivery teams that design, build, and test the products. To be successful in this role, the Senior Business Analyst will be a driver who uses their clear communication skills to understand our business opportunities, translate those into a well refined and workable backlog, and shepherd the efforts of the development team. They must have a point of view and will provide daily direction to the development team with confidence and clarity.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you have mastered managing a backlog based on the feedback of your stakeholders and have started to negotiate some of your own ideas into the product roadmap. You are considered a leader and have demonstrated the ability to influence others towards achieving positive outcomes and may even mentor junior associates. Senior Business Analysts tackle diverse problems that require analysis of identifiable factors and drive for solutions that delight users.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies to articulate product expectations.
- Decomposing Features into workable User Stories that meet the development teams Definition of Ready.
- Manage the product backlog (refining and prioritizing) to optimize the value of the development team.
- Create clear and concise acceptance criteria for user stories in the backlog
- Engage with multiple Users and Subject Matter Experts to sustain a robust feedback loop throughout the entire software delivery process.
- Collaborate with a variety of disciplines (Engineering, Product Management, Design, Program Management) to align outcomes to the organizational strategy and architecture.
- Act as the daily go-to-person for answering questions the team has about business rules and product behaviors
- Lead and facilitate short-term and long-range refinement sessions with the development team to continuously prepare stories for upcoming sprints.
- Be a champion for the product direction and vision during product planning and throughout the life of the project.
- Participate in outcome driven projects to improve organizational processes and drive for efficiencies.
- Provide mentor support to junior Business Analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of demonstratable experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or an equivalent/related role.
- 3+ years in Payroll, HR, HCM industry or related business experience
- 2+ years of experience operating in an agile environment, primarily Scrum, SAFe or Kanban methodologies.
- Demonstratable ability to communicate and influence effectively with an agile development team, as well as senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Communicate proficiently in English and can communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing to non-technical associates/customers.
- Strong ability to make quick decisions demonstrating critical thinking
- Detail oriented with ability to remain focused on big picture goals.
- Experience participating in or leading innovation or change initiatives.
- Ability to operate Agile Project Management software (Jira, Rally, TFS, etc)
What we offer
We are proud to provide best-in-class benefits delivering a personal and professional experience that meets you where it matters most - the well-being of you and your loved ones.
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- An initial equity award in Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all new Associates and on-going award opportunities to participate in the value created through Paycor's growth
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options – including a $0 cost option and travel & lodging support to ensure access to medical care
- Paid leave for birth parents, non-birth parents, elder caregivers, and military support
- Sabbatical opportunities for tenured Associates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a 15% discount
- Inclusive and accessible Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with everyday challenges
We also offer competitive compensation determined by each individual's relevant experience, skills, and education. We anticipate the base pay for this position to be between $74,000 - $126,000. In addition to base pay, Paycor Associates are eligible for either a performance-based annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.