February 29, 2024
About Our Company
We have a vision to end cancer as we know it, for everyone. Learn more at cancer.org or by calling us at 1-800-227-2345 anytime. Proudly a top rated organization.
The American Cancer Society is the leading cancer-fighting organization with a vision to end cancer as we know it, for everyone. We are the only organization improving the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support, to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This is a remote role, candidates can be home-based anywhere in the United States. Prior experience in Business Analytics role supporting Development/Fundraising is a plus.
- Develop working knowledge of American Cancer Society programs and operations.
- Provide strategic and analytical support to enterprise business leaders across the organization to guide key business decisions with analytical outputs that will allow for informed decision making.
- Partner with assigned business area(s) in developing sound business case analysis
- Ensure appropriate Financial / Income / Mission key performance indicators are identified and measured against.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for assigned business area(s) through development of detailed revenue/expense budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variances to financial targets and metrics against actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis; provide timely monthly and quarterly analytical reporting and financial insights to assigned business and finance leaders.
- Create dashboards and reporting for business and finance leaders.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as requested by FP-A leadership and continually strive to identify opportunities to provide financial leadership aimed at reducing costs, increasing revenue and driving more dollars towards mission.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Train budget owners on financial control, key performance indicators and budgeting/forecasting processes - techniques.
- Fully support assigned portfolio. This includes reviewing expenses - monitoring compliance, journal entries for invoicing/funding, compensation and non-compensation reclasses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including general ledger accounting, analysis and research of various congressional and FASB update requirements.
- 5+ years of restricted fund accounting experience preferred.
- Some government grant accounting experience preferred.
- Not-for-profit or Higher Education experience preferred.
- Knowledge of advocacy federal and state compliance requirements.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail with advanced analytical, organizational and computer skills including Microsoft Office and Lawson. Pivot table experience preferred.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work directly with and for leadership in various areas of the Society in an equally objective and positive manner.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure activities, paying particular attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop creative, integrated solutions.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Society organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
What we offer
The starting rate is $78,600 to $95,000 per year. The final candidate's relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.