February 29, 2024
About Our Company
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide personalized guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients. Joining as Senior Business/Data Analyst, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the sustainable, scalable products and capabilities that support our advisors to deliver world-class services for their investors.
- Generate technical and business requirements using advanced problem-solving techniques (both diagnostic and prognostic).
- Schedule and lead design and requirement discussions with Architecture, Infrastructure, and different technical teams of all levels throughout the company including executives.
- Lead the scrum team and stakeholders in story refinement sessions and ensure the requirements meet LPL standards.
- Perform query and reporting analysis and report findings to stakeholders and development team.
- Document data source to target mappings.
- Perform root cause analysis on production issues.
- Work with the project team to translate business requirements into solutions.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to establish priorities and product roadmap.
- Establish and maintain cross functional relationships with business partners, product management office, and technical partners.
- Prepare and present status reporting on a regular to all stakeholders and leaders.
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment.
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience functioning as a business and data analyst within a mid to large organization.
- 5+ years of experience writing epics stories, and tasks in JIRA
- 5+ years working on a scrum team and following agile methodology.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL queries, hands-on in SQL knowledge report writing and presenting findings.
- 3+ years of experience using JIRA
- Detail-oriented and critical thinker.
- Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously while demonstrating time management and organization.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines in a fast-paced environment and demonstrating leadership skills.
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from operational and technical perspectives
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and Snowflake
- 1+ years in Financial Services
- Experience with Data Warehousing a plus
- Aha! Or other project management tools
- Financial services industry experience
What we offer
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!