August 31, 2023
About Our Company
At Liberty Mutual, we want to help you embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why our company culture supports and champions each employee—helping you turn your passion into a rewarding profession. From comprehensive health and benefits to professional development opportunities, you’ll have access to the resources you need to pursue a meaningful career in an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
As a Fortune 100 global leader in property and casualty insurance with more than 45,000 employees in 29 countries and economies around the world, our dedication to putting others first extends beyond our organization. We’re also committed to being a force for social and environmental good, and championing sustainability and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives around the world. Whether you’re helping our customers navigate an important claim or developing a new environmentally friendly product, you can feel good about the work you do at Liberty Mutual.
We’ve spent more than 100 years creating innovative insurance products, services, ideas and technologies to meet the world’s ever-changing needs—breaking away from old mindsets and thinking outside of traditional insurance roles. Why? Because we’re committed to transforming our industry in order to create peace of mind for our customers. We hope you’ll join us.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Reporting and Analytics team in Legal Strategic Services (LSS) provides advanced analytics, strategic reporting, and predictive modeling, to help our stakeholders continuously improve their legal-related processes and results. We apply leading-edge analytic platforms and modeling techniques, integrating both traditional and unstructured data from multiple litigation, billing, and claims systems, to provide our business partners with insights on key legal metrics and trends
About This Role
Applies expertise to provide decision support to lead and/or conduct business analysis at least initially focused on pricing work in partnership with the Outside Counsel Management team. Performs research, analyzes information, presents findings, and recommends changes and/or takes actions based on various factors (e.g., data insights, regulatory changes, feedback from quality assurance reviews, market information, etc.) to solve problems and improve business outcomes. Conducts specialized work under minimal direction and guidance from manager on more complex tasks.
At least 75% of time is spent on a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Applies a sophisticated level of research and analysis to business process changes. Integrates process improvement and business operations expertise to solve problems considered more complex in nature e.g. developing a pricing program.
- Conducts analyses based on operational, economic and/or financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or design new approaches and methodologies.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive, predictive, forecasting, etc. analytics. Typically uses data visualization tools to further business insights, specifically using PowerBI.
- Builds the business case for making a change to current practices, programs or procedures. Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc. and presents out to senior leaders in formal presentations.
- Partners with stakeholders on the design, testing, implementation, and evaluation of business process changes to improve business outcomes. Leads implementation and evaluation of business process changes, often considered of a large scope (e.g., for the entire legal panel program).
- Develops, updates, and analyzes more complex metrics used to determine operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards of high complexity e.g. PowerApps for the closed cases and future pricing opportunities. Develops, modifies and distributes standard and ad hoc management reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or unit. Develops presentations and shares findings as well as recommendations.
- Receives, evaluates and responds to complex data-related inquiries by applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining information from various sources.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced staff e.g. interns and temporary staff.
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Advanced business operations knowledge to include understanding the function`s value chain and market conditions
- Advanced influencing, relationship management & presentation skills
- Strong ability to support change and impart value within an organization
- Strong project management skills as part of implementing business process changes
- Advanced knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings
- May also be relevant based on the particular needs of the position: Advanced knowledge of Excel and strong knowledge of database software
- Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience in addition to 6+ years of relevant experience to include business analysis work
- Advanced degree preferred
What we offer
$114,300/yr - $130,500/yr