Lead Business Analyst, Applications
About Our Company
We embrace intelligence to illuminate the path forward
Technology for humanity
We provide access to answers across the entire diagnostics continuum. With our help, patients, clinicians and communities can spot trends sooner, respond quicker and chart the course ahead with greater accuracy and confidence.
Passion for the unknown
We know diagnostics has the power to unlock a healthier future for all. For over 80 years, we’ve relentlessly pursued the unknown with a passion and purpose to improve health. And, with our industry-leading expertise in immunoassay and molecular testing and award-winning solutions in clinical chemistry and transfusion diagnostics, we'll continue to raise the bar, bringing clarity and insight in settings from home to hospital, lab to clinic.
Our innovations have changed diagnostics. From our dry chemistry that delivers testing access where there is none, to respiratory testing and tracking breakthroughs that offer much needed intelligence in a world of uncertainty, we’re at the forefront of diagnostic science and care.
Possibility to probability
Turning complex data into actionable health insights is more than a mission. We understand patients, their families, clinicians and care providers worldwide depend on our products for answers that save lives—and we innovate every day to exceed their expectations.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As we continue to grow as QuidelOrtho, we are seeking a Lead Service Application Business Analyst in Rochester, New York, Raritan, NJ, or San Diego CA. The Analyst will take charge of multiple projects and work across departments to engage the necessary persons, maintain accountability and deliver results with minimal management intervention. The Analyst will be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to understand, document and communicate business processes at both the high and detail levels. The systems analyst will support both field service and remote technical support professions in the US and internationally. This role will be expected to communicate clearly with business users, management, and IT.
The service organization within QuidelOrtho, is an award-winning global service team that puts the customer at the center of everything we do. As Service Applications, our goal is to enable our global in-house and field-based service personnel to deliver on the Customer Excellence promise with every interaction. The Lead Service Applications Business Analyst (Analyst) must successfully integrate business knowledge, policy, business process, systems users, business metrics information technology systems. The Analyst must enjoy working with our global field service, technical remote support personnel and other users to understanding their need, provide support and deliver training to ensure they are equipped to deliver excellent service on every customer interaction. The Analyst will develop a deep understanding and drive continuous improvement.
The Analyst will take charge of multiple projects and work across departments to engage the necessary persons, maintain accountability and deliver results with minimal management intervention. The Analyst will be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to understand, document and communicate business processes at both the high and detail levels. The systems analyst will support both field service and remote technical support professions in the US and internationally. He or she will be expected to communicate clearly with business users, management, and IT.
Initially the main objective is to support global deployment of a CRM service management solution under the guidance of the Project Manager. And, the Business Analyst will provide system configuration support and lead projects to develop and implement upgrades to business processes, systems capabilities, and reporting on legacy systems.
- Project work as a key contributor to large systems projects and as a leader for smaller projects
- Application management: User Requirements management, testing and verification of system functionality to User Requirements, data maintenance, administrative system updates, work instruction management, configuration updates, etc.
- Communication to varying sized groups, organizations, management, and globally
- Intellectual curiosity to go after other smaller improvements, projects either from list of open actions or from own initiatives
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- 4-year degree in a technical field
5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Project management of small, and medium scale projects
- Application management including configuration and user account management
- Technical user support including root cause investigation and corrective actions
- Travel: <10%
- Agile training or Product Owner experience
- Ability to create and communicate process and systems maps
- Ability to bridge the gap between application users, Information Technology and the QuidelOrtho quality organizations
- Ability to create and update of User Requirements and translation of the same into IT terms
- Ability to plan, create and execute system test scripts based on user requirements and the risk management plan
- SAP CRM experience
Key Working Relationships
The Lead Service Application Business Analyst will work closely with the following departments: Quality, Global Technical Support, IT, Sales Operations, and Spare Parts Supply Chain
The Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics are representative of an office environment.
- No strenuous physical activity, though occasional light lifting of files and related materials is required. 90% of the time at the desk on computer or in meetings
- Must be physically able to travel up to 10%. Travel includes airplane, train, automobile, and overnights
- Hybrid; typical office environment
- Travel: 10%
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $143,000. QuidelOrtho offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, along with a 401(k) plan, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off (including sick time) and paid Holidays. All benefits are non-contractual, and QuidelOrtho may amend, terminate, or enhance the benefits provided, as it deems appropriate.