December 1, 2023
About Our Company
FM Global is one of the world’s largest commercial property insurers. For nearly 200 years, the world’s leading businesses have worked with FM Global to develop robust property insurance and engineering solutions that build resilience into every corner of their operations. These solutions protect against fire, natural disasters and other types of property risk. We provide more than one-third of Fortune 1000–size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions in nearly 150 countries. FM Global ranks #534 among Fortune magazine’s largest companies in America and employs more than 5,400 people in 67 offices worldwide, including 1,800 loss prevention engineers.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities that are comfortable with quarterly travel to Headquarters located in Johnston, RI. Candidate must be willing to work EST hours.
As a result of the growth of our business, we currently have an opportunity for a Lead Business Analyst to join our Digital Client Experience team.
- Participates in the collection, evaluation, understanding, and communication of business requirements in support of the development, improvement, and maintenance of business applications within FM Global’s Information Services department. Those holding this position are typically assigned to project teams.
- Gains knowledge and completes assignments related to system requirements definition, testing, implementation, and support of business applications or components thereof that meet or exceed the expectations of FM Global's employees and customers.
- Assists in soliciting business requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or review of existing system documentation or software.
- Gains an understanding of and displays hands on utilization of industry standard analysis techniques and skills to uncover and document business requirements, such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Gains proficiency in documenting the results of analysis activities using assigned templates and tools.
- Gains and displays understanding of business processes in the assigned area and its part in FM Global’s business model.
- 4 + years of Experience as a Business Analyst with a minimum of 2 years of experience managing projects.
- 2+ years of experience working with agile teams, writing user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases etc.
- Familiarity with techniques and tools used in functional design, data analysis, and data flow diagramming.
- Exposure to current technologies, tools, and techniques used to solve business problems.
- Demonstrable experience with techniques and tools used to elicit requirements, define functional design, perform data analysis, and data flow diagramming used to solve business problems.
- Experience gathering requirements, functional design, and influencing business processes of moderate complexity.
- Validated ability to work in technical environments that use tools involved in data flow diagramming, data analysis, issue tracking, and documentation and presentation.
- Experience with document, spreadsheet and presentation tools
- Motivated to stay abreast of industry techniques and tools in the area of business analysis.
- Demonstrable experience presenting information to and soliciting feedback from small and medium-sized groups.
- Experience gathering business requirements and developing these into functional requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to gather appropriate data and needed to diagnose the cause of a problem or to develop a solution.
- Self-motivation to know the latest in the usage of technologies, business analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the audience
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and establish priorities for own work to meet timelines.
- Solid interpersonal, oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work self-directed and as part of a team on projects of varying size; work well on multi-functional project teams and shows commitment to tasks, project and to team.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others and influence decisions made.
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate with business and other IS groups in order to facilitate win/win scenarios.
- Experience with FM Global data, including engineering datasets a plus!
- 4 Year College Degree/Bachelors
What we offer
The hiring range for this position is $97,500 to $140,100. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.