Synergy is a premier Information Technology (IT) firm focused on federal digital transformation with cloud, low/no code SaaS platform solutions, and 100%, 100-day agile MVP solution delivery. We over-invest as a partner-of-choice with our innovative, high-performing customers helping each agency to achieve their modernization goals.
This position is designated as work-from-home.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer requirements to create complex business flow diagrams.
- Work closely with product owners and managers to convert business requirements into agile epics and stories.
- Manage and keep product backlog up-to-date and ensure stories are elaborated before planning events.
- Prepare backlog and run meetings during Big Room Planning events to elaborate, define accurate acceptance, prioritize, size and schedule stories into sprints.
- Work closely with SCRUM master to record ongoing changes to the user stories as they are being analyzed, designed and implemented during the sprints.
- Manage the roadmap and sprint reports by keeping epics and stories correctly tagged and status up to date.
- Write requirements for product components utilizing RESTful APIs, SOAP APIs, and/or web services.
- Ability to complete data analysis for data flow processes and write stories in a Kanban environment
- Work closely with multiple teams to determine data dependencies and impacts on various components of the project
- Act as a liaison for data dependencies within the solution.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Experience as a Business System Analyst.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Working on agile software development projects and agile SDLC.
- Proficient in JIRA story tracking tool.
- Working with customers and communicating on cross-team initiatives.
- Presenting and running meeting during Big Room Planning events.
- Familiarity with reading XML and JSON
- Experience in reading SQL and database structures
- Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust.
- Must pass a background investigation.
Skills, Qualifications and Certifications of Best Candidates:
- Working with BPM (Business Process Management) tools; Appian experience a plus.
- Wireframe and advanced process flow tools
- Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira)
- Business Analysis Certification (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP..)
- Proficient with giving presentations and customer service oriented.
- Proficient with managing and updating project documentation. Confluence experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with federal government systems, a plus.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Passion and drive for learning new technologies and practices.
- Detail oriented across multiple teams, while keeping in mind the client’s overall priorities and the big picture.
- Adaptable, dependable, and independent.
Citizenship or Work Authorization Required: US Citizen
Preferred Education & Experience: Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
Synergy offers its employees a generous portfolio of core and voluntary benefits including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k) with immediately vested company match, PTO/Sick Leave, 11 paid federal holidays, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition and training reimbursement, fitness/wellness reimbursement, a referral bonus program, and life management programs.
Compensation for roles at Synergy varies depending on a wide variety of factors including but not limited to the requirements of the role; education and certifications; knowledge, training, skills and abilities; level of experience; geographic location; and alignment with market data, law, and other business and organizational needs. As required by local law, the posted pay range represents the lowest to the highest pay that Synergy believes in good faith it might pay for this particular job, depending on the circumstances. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $102,298 – $146,140.