Our mission at Exact Sciences is to eradicate cancer and the suffering it causes — through tests that help prevent it, detection that finds it earlier, and guidance for its successful treatment.
As a Technical Business Analyst Intern, you will collaborate closely with business team members to define value-driven information technology (IT) solutions for Exact Sciences. As a member of the IT Business Solutions team, you will play a valuable role in connecting IT Services with business needs. You will promote IT within the business as well as business demands within IT. We are collaborators and connectors between these two groups and need strong communicators to join our team.
An intern’s role in our group will be two-fold: assisting with tasks listed below while learning, shadowing, and being mentored and encouraged by senior colleagues.
- Alongside a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts, an intern will help to create business process diagrams of system layouts and common workflows to aid in decision making for application changes.
- Provide project delivery support, task management support, and participate in project team meetings; contribute to decision-making and risk assessment activities.
- Assist with gathering discovery interviews and IT reviews to deliver technology changes to the business. Examples include gathering information on current vs desired future state of software applications and common processes.
- Assist in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- With the support of a senior team member, translate business requirements into functional requirements utilizing a structured process for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change.
- Mine data to inform system process flow decisions and documents tactical requirements.
- Help with operational support tasks related to IT applications, such as cleaning up reports and responding to frequent inquiries and tickets.
- Act as a problem solver to drive successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Establish positive working relationships with team members, vendors, and IT customers.
- Friendly and positive demeanor with a desire to demonstrate the high standards of customer service.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to work designated schedule from 8am-5pm.
$38,000.00 - $61,000.00
The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US - WI - Madison on a full-time basis, and may differ by hiring location