December 10, 2023
About Our Company
Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. With global temperatures rising, the faster we free ourselves from fossil fuel reliance and achieve a zero-emission future, the better.
In pursuit of this mission, we make electric vehicles that are not just great EVs, but the best cars, period. We also produce and install infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products that help our customers further decrease their environmental impact. When it comes to achieving our goals, we pride ourselves in accomplishing what others deem impossible.
We are opening new factories and increasing our output everyday – join us in building a sustainable future.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Tesla is seeking a motivated Business Analyst to support high-impact and strategic initiatives across all aspects of used cars in North America, including trade-in, inspection, quality, wholesale, pricing, sales, customer support, and unit economics. In this role you will work cross-functionally with stakeholders in multiple departments including IT Applications, Logistics, Sales, Delivery, and Finance.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct routine analysis and reporting on areas to improve the business performance
- Support managers in building business cases for initiatives they are driving for the business
- Participate in project definition, scoping, and evaluation of multiple high-profile projects
- Implement systems and process optimization projects in accordance with the operating plan
- Prioritize multiple projects and milestones, while adhering to business-critical deadlines
- Communicate progress and status in diverse forums, including executive leadership
- Understand and convey business issues and technical concepts
- Perform ad hoc data analysis and deck preparation for executive reviews
- Find new opportunities to reveal data insight with your keen business senses
- Foster a professional, respectful, and welcoming work environment, while maintaining Tesla standards for personal and operational excellence
What You’ll Bring
- Analytical mindset, experience mining and summarizing data from multiple sources
- Exceptional numerical reasoning, attention to detail and accuracy
- A high degree of energy, drive, and enthusiasm
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and act as a well-respected, trusted partner that others want to work with
- Well-organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
- Ability to independently research problem areas and facilitate decision-making processes
- Strong desire to execute and identify new ways to push the business forward
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in business, data analytics, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in a business unit with similar complexity
- Robust analytical skill set, proficiency in Excel is a must
- Experience in R or Python, and SQL is highly desired
- Basic knowledge in predictive modeling and regression is preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment required
- General Office – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- General office work involves sitting most of the time working on a computer but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, primarily on a computer monitor.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Occasional travel required for offsite meetings and events; normally less than 10% of the time.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
What we offer
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, And Other Financial Benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program