December 3, 2023
About Our Company
Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation is a regulated transmission and distribution utility serving approximately 300,000 electric customers and 80,000 natural gas customers in New York State’s Mid-Hudson Valley. We deliver natural gas and electricity in a defined service territory that extends from the suburbs of metropolitan New York City north to the Capital District at Albany. Central Hudson is a leader in promoting regional economic growth, improving system reliability and effective cost management.
As an employer, Central Hudson offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision services, tuition assistance, 401K, life insurance and vacation. We have a strong belief in and long history of promoting from within and have an environment that fosters teamwork, safety awareness and impeccable customer service. Employees enjoy numerous opportunities for transition and growth throughout their careers. The company is committed to educational development, employee satisfaction and a diverse workforce.
Job Description & Responsibilities
What is a Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation?
The Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation will report to the Director of Research & Development and Innovation and assist with the oversight of Central Hudson’s research and development (R&D), innovation, and business process improvement programs, as well as the development of corporate strategy and administration of the strategic planning process. This position will work closely with peers in strategic planning, data & analytics, technology, regulatory policy, government affairs, sustainability, and engineering to facilitate the application of new ideas and approaches into Central Hudson’s operations for the benefit of customers and other key stakeholders. The Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation will be engaged in a department of professionals with diverse backgrounds to develop, implement, and administer current and future innovation programs and strategic processes.
What does a Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation do?
This is a new position at Central Hudson. The Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation will be part of a team that provides oversight and coordination across current programs and processes and integrates them with the Company’s Strategic Plan to direct resources to the highest priority opportunities. Duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the administration of the R&D Program, including: electric and gas R&D reports for the PSC; rate case support for R&D expenditures; approval, tracking, and assessment of R&D projects; coordinate implementation of R&D project outcomes in the operating units; and manage the R&D program budget
- Supports the administration of the Innovation Committee by continuing the current grass roots innovation program via communications, outreach, and annual nominations and awards
- Supports the administration of the Bridge to Excellence (B2E) business process improvement program by continuing employee-driven improvement idea solicitation, review, selection, and implementation
- Work with the Director of R&D and Innovation to reassess the objectives and structure of the current R&D, Innovation, and B2E programs and recommend and implement changes that improve focus on strategic objectives, including an optimal balance of bottoms-up and top-down efforts
- Works with Fortis peers and external sources to identify and implement R&D best practices that are suitable for a T&D utility company of Central Hudson’s profile
- Assists with the development of corporate strategy and administration of the strategic planning process
- Stays up to date with technology, policy developments, and industry practices and contribute to the Company’s strategic planning process
- Prepares, maintains, and submits written information on R&D and Innovation to ensure internal stakeholders are kept up to date with new development and their application at Central Hudson
- Serves as an internal champion for R&D, innovation, and process improvement
- Participates on committees with relevant industry associations
- Works with Central Hudson’s primary contacts at industry trade groups to coordinate participation in research, innovation, and process improvement programs
- Supports the development and utilization of a peer group network to advance R&D and Innovation across other areas of the Company
- Assists, collaborates, and/or joins the Company’s ESG Team on related deliverables
- Supports storm/emergency restoration efforts
What does it take to be a Business Analyst – Strategy and Innovation?
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Analytics, or a related field of study. In lieu of a bachelors’ degree, an Associate’s degree in the aforementioned fields and 3+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new computer software programs quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, juggle priorities, navigate complex situations, and use good business judgment
- Must demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and promote a strong work ethic and positive customer service approach
- Must be willing to respond to all requests to work outside of normal business hours
- Must be willing to travel in support of Company participation
- Valid driver’s license
- Significant experience in the regulated electric and/or gas utility industry
- Significant knowledge of utility industry technologies, operating practices, and energy policies
Applications will be accepted until November 22, 2023.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation