Business Analyst, Starlink
About Our Company
SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. The company was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multiplanetary.
SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company ever to return a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, which it first accomplished in December 2010. The company made history again in May 2012 when its Dragon spacecraft attached to the International Space Station, exchanged cargo payloads, and returned safely to Earth — a technically challenging feat previously accomplished only by governments. Since then Dragon has delivered cargo to and from the space station multiple times, providing regular cargo resupply missions for NASA.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As an early member of the Starlink Customer Operations department, you will be responsible for analyzing data about Starlink customers and translating it into reporting, recommendations, and tooling to improve both our customers' experience and internal Starlink program operations.
- Conduct analyses (SQL queries, other methods) that identify issues and opportunities impacting our customers, including actionable recommendations that quantifiably change outcomes
- Integrate with all levels of the business to understand current workflows and identify systematic gaps; help rapidly answer tactical business questions through analytical frameworks
- Define and develop department-level metrics and associated dashboards that quantify the health of our operation and influence change
- Develop automation that mitigates business risk or creates efficiencies within Starlink Customer Operations and across functions
- Own data integrity, tool maintenance, and reporting quality for the Starlink Customer Operations team
- Train internal users and leaders on dashboard and tool usage, assists in troubleshooting
- Improve data capture for future Customer Operations use cases, tracking identifying front-end requirements collaborating with software development teams on table development
- Support new market launch, continuous improvement, and larger cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics
- 1+ years of experience in reporting and analytics within customer operations, manufacturing, quality, human resources, purchasing, operations, cost accounting, supply chain management, or consulting
- Experience with SQL and creating/managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Development experience in an object-oriented programming language (i.e. C, C++, Python)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SQL proficiency (i.e. advanced joins, views/table distinctions, and basic query optimizations)
- Advanced understanding of database structures, query optimizations, ETL development
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management and self-directed prioritization skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences at all organizational levels
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Experience working with customer operations teams and tools (e.g. ticketing, account management, communications tools)
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- This position may require the travel between our sites to support Starlink Customer Operations
What we offer
Business Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Business Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.