CBS Entertainment is responsible for acquiring or developing and scheduling the entertainment programming presented on the CBS Television Network, which includes primetime comedy and drama series, reality-based programming, specials, children’s programs, daytime dramas, game shows, talk shows and late night programs.
Our Program Management Transformation Office is actively seeking a Business Analyst to contribute in building the analytic/reporting capabilities of the Technology organization. You will be part of a team charged with enabling data-driven decision making via reporting processes, data visualizations, and strategic analyses. You will champion our self-service reporting strategy and play a key role in helping us automate and create scalable frameworks for our reporting and analytics.
- Design, develop, and maintain Tableau dashboards and visualizations with the goal of tracking project progress and status, financial and operational performance, key metrics, ad hoc analyses.
- Collaborate with key business partners to design and develop metrics that enable success and change within their departments.
- Identify critical bottlenecks for reporting and analytics, and own projects to revamp the process for streamlining and automation.
- Identify critical trends and provide actionable business insights to senior leadership.
- Partner with Engineering team to manage and structure our data and databases.
- Monitor and govern the data, ensuring data quality and accuracy.
- Assist with training of business partners on self-service tools that can be used to effectively acquire data.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a data-driven role. Core focus in business intelligence and/or analytics with mid to high level of Tableau skills
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable insights. Data-driven approach to problem solving along with delivering dashboards from scratch (requirement gathering, design wireframes, ETL, dashboard development, and publish dashboards to server)
- Knowledge of basic to mid-level SQL and relational databases, having built/managed dashboards and reports in Tableau or Looker along with advanced skills/knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with both business and engineering teams
- Being proactive at learning new things fast
- Being able to see the big picture while maintaining attention to details.
- Take ownership to resolve issues quickly
Hiring Salary Range: $85,000.00 - 100,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.