Business Analyst, Product
About Our Company
Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Our ground-breaking Regulatory Reporting Product team is seeking a passionate Agile Business Analyst to support the definition and delivery of digital solutions. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are seeking to meaningfully empower our business and compliance partners with core data management technology solutions. In this role, you will serve as a primary contact with key stakeholders to solicit and validate requirements, building business relationships, translating regulatory requirements into deliverable outcomes . You will also strengthen our channels of communication and uphold our principles of transparency and partnership while engaging with product peers, data analysts, program leaders and engineering partners to drive successful product execution.
Support business requirement activities by providing end-to-end analysis for products and initiatives with respect to requirements, user journeys and user interface designs for shared services leveraged by all businesses across MIS.
- Author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, and business system concept documents in the form of mature user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Resolve requirement conflicts between business units or between business and technology with support from the Product Strategy and Program Management leads
- Serve as product analyst for scrum teams including sizing, team capacity, daily scrums, regular reporting on status and escalation as needed. Work to remove roadblocks and ensure dependencies are in view and managed.
- Contribute to project planning and project status activities.
- Conduct usability testing to ensure the service and product meets the user’s needs.
- Execute SOP’s for producing complex data reports.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or equivalent experience required; IT or related technical field is highly preferred.
- Ability to train and learn quickly in areas with little prior experience
- Strong experience in design thinking and agile product development required
- 3 + years of system/business analysis experience
- Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
- Client focused, proactive and results oriented with ability to support clients across multiple businesses and locations
- Ability to understand data and run SQL’s would be plus.
What we offer
For US-based roles only: the anticipated hiring base salary range for this position is $94,600 to $ 137,200, depending on factors such as experience, education, level, skills, and location. This range is based on a full-time position. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for incentive compensation. Moody’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.