SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. The company was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multiplanetary.
SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company ever to return a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, which it first accomplished in December 2010. The company made history again in May 2012 when its Dragon spacecraft attached to the International Space Station, exchanged cargo payloads, and returned safely to Earth — a technically challenging feat previously accomplished only by governments. Since then Dragon has delivered cargo to and from the space station multiple times, providing regular cargo resupply missions for NASA.
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency internet across the world. We are committed to offering access to high-speed internet to customers worldwide and to providing a world-class experience for all users. You will join the Growth team that is responsible for launching, growing, and improving Starlink around the world.
- Manage and optimize the global pricing process across all business segments and product offerings
- Conduct market research to benchmark and optimize our product offerings
- Analyze price elasticity to inform pricing and promotional rollouts
- Create alerting and processes to assess and react to foreign exchange rate exposure
- Maintain and improve internal pricing tools to launch Starlink in new markets
- Define and develop pricing metrics and associated dashboards that quantify the health of our operations
- Collaborate effectively across many departments to set and communicate pricing
- Engage the SpaceX leadership team with quantitative and qualitative updates on performance and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in growth strategy, business operations, finance, consulting, market research, or go-to-market planning
- 1+ years of experience with Excel and SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, finance, or economics discipline
- 3+ years of experience in growth strategy, business operations, finance, consulting, market research, or go-to-market planning
- Proficient in conducting comprehensive financial analysis and modeling
- Experience analyzing pricing strategies, price elasticity, and managing foreign currency exposure
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in a high-growth, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with SQL (e.g., advanced joins and basic query optimizations) and creating and managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Strong project management and self-directed prioritization skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences at all organizational levels
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Experience in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Advanced understanding of database structures, query optimizations
- Experience working in broadband internet or other consumer product industries
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel to corporate customer sites, other SpaceX locations, and industry events as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Business Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Business Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.