Business Analyst, Policy & Education
About Our Company
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About The Team
The e-commerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated. With millions of loyal users globally, we believe TikTok is an ideal platform to deliver a brand new and better e-commerce experience to our users. We are looking for passionate and talented people to join our product and operations team, together we can build an e-commerce ecosystem that is innovative, secure and intuitive for our users.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced business analyst to assist in building out our Policy Performance oversight capabilities. The Policy Performance Team is responsible for building and monitoring oversight mechanisms to ensure that our policy and enforcement programs are performing as intended, and identifying opportunities to improve these programs in ways that advance user experience and the TikTok mission. You will drive organizational results by defining key input and output metrics, building key tracking and reporting infrastructure and evangelising core performance metrics across global governance teams.
- Develop comprehensive policy performance metrics and quantitative measurement mechanisms comensurate with the stage of business maturity and strategic priorities.
- Build and leverage data monitoring and evaluation capabilities to proactively diagnose issues in our governance system, perform root cause analysis, and identify actions that can be taken to improve systems and workflows.
- Implement standardized product reports and self service tools to enable both repeatable and ad hoc data-related requests and projects.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to understand how to create data pathways between teams that build a comprehensive, global policy performance picture.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data or Analytics related fields (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years of experience in data science, algorithmic engineering, or machine learning, or demonstrated experience driving data-driven insights in a risk, trust, governance or compliance function.
- Proficiency in SQL (Required) and familiarity with at least one other language Python, SAS, R (Preferred).
What we offer
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $92000 - $206888 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.