December 10, 2023
About Our Company
Since 1994, Crown Castle has worked around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. This comprehensive portfolio of towers, small cells, and fiber gives people and communities access to essential data, technology and wireless service and opens the door to countless opportunities and possibilities. We continue to work closely with wireless carriers, businesses, technology companies, governments, and communities to make sure these transformative ideas and innovations find their way to the people who rely on them.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Business Performance Business Analyst III, you are responsible for using your strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills to lead the definition, implementation and governance of key performance metrics used by business management to measure progress against the strategic objectives of the Network organization. You work closely with department and/or functional managers on a wide range of assignments with minimal direction to proactively determine metric requirements, monitor and communicate performance results & key drivers, and facilitate the building of analytical tools to enable management to actively monitor and drive performance improvement. As a senior member of the organization, you will conduct multiple complex analyses with the aim of providing accurate insights with impact on a significant part of the organization and critical to ensuring the success of our business.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with operations and finance leadership and functional teams to define and implement key performance indicators (KPI) for the Network organization
- Collaborate with Network Business Performance program and project leads to define and implement success measurements for key Network strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-organizational stakeholders to ensure that Network objectives and performance metrics are aligned with corporate objectives and performance metrics
- Develop strong relationships with key operational leaders by spending time understanding their goals and business objectives and leverage data to improve their results
- Monitor business performance regularly, summarize and present data findings, recommendations, and methodology to senior leadership, department leadership and enterprise stakeholders
- Work with management and functional teams on process definition, promotion, and governance required to meet performance measurement objectives and goals
- Work with functional reporting teams to develop, document and promote analytic tools that enable stakeholders to accurately measure and proactively manage performance
- Review and recommend improvements to existing business processes and systems that impede or limit the ability to effectively measure and manage performance
- Lead the definition and execution plan for the Network Analytics Council charter to drive alignment and foster best practices across the functional data and reporting teams within the Network organization
- Responsible for developing and creating ad hoc reporting of metrics and strategic initiatives as needed
- Develop business presentations for management as needed
- Skillfully supports multiple complex ad-hoc initiatives
- Act as a mentor / resource to less tenured colleagues to help guide their success.
- Participate in peer reviews of work products and documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Management Science, Data Science, or related quantitative discipline
- Five to Seven (5 to 7) years Accounting/Finance/Business reporting and analysis experience
- Extensive experience in KPI/performance measurement definition, monitoring, and governance
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively on multiple complex projects/programs in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering, scope drafting, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving objectives on schedule and within budget
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts) including experience building complex financial models
- Demonstrated experience with forecasting methods and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present complex information in a clear and simple format to all levels of the organization
- Expert ability to summarize large amounts of complex data into management reports
- Expert ability to problem-solve to determine root causes of data anomalies
- Understand operational data flow through key systems (OSPI, NetCracker, Service Now, CRM, PMT, etc...) and relationship to key financial systems / general ledger
- Understanding of project management fundamentals including requirement definition, resource scheduling, risk mitigation and change management
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex projects and work well under pressure
- Customer focus in problem-solving approach
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and team first mentality
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Power BI
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications and network construction in both the Public and Privates rights-of-way a plus.
Reports to: Senior Manager Business Performance Analytics
What we offer
For California, Washington state and New York City residents the hiring range offered for this position is $81,040 - $116,495 annually. In addition to salary, employees are eligible for an annual bonus of up to 15% of annual salary and restricted stock. Employees (and their families) are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive 18 days of paid time off each year and 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year.