February 29, 2024
About Our Company
For over 15 years, Zayo has been the driving force behind the world's most dynamic and forward-thinking enterprises, helping them pave the way to what's next. With a network that stretches over 16.8 million fiber miles and spans an impressive 141,000 route miles, Zayo is not just in the business of connectivity – we're in the business of limitless potential.
Imagine a world where possibilities are boundless, where businesses can seamlessly bridge the gap between where they are and where they want to be. That's the world we're creating, one fiber mile at a time. Zayo's tailored connectivity and cutting-edge edge solutions are the heartbeat of carriers, cloud pioneers, data centers, educational institutions, and enterprises alike.
From the very core to the cloud to the edge, Zayo is there, powering exceptional experiences that redefine what's achievable.
So, are you ready to unlock the true power of connection? Embark on this journey with us and discover how Zayo doesn't just connect dots – we connect destinies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst Specialist, GNOC is a strategic position that plays a pivotal role in the data integrity of Key Zayo functions. The position is responsible for assisting the Business Operations team and Strategic Operation Organization build, maintain and enhance dashboards, data models and data pipelines. The right candidate will possess advanced analytical and decision-making skills.
The role requires someone who is passionate about data quality, data analytics and automation in order to drive business strategy. An ability to be an expert in problem solving, critical thinking, and an understanding of complex system dependencies are essential in enabling the Business Analyst to show where Zayo processes are broken and how those processes are affecting key data points. An individual with a strong passion to solve problems and improve data integrity will excel in this position. In addition, this individual has to have a knowledge of pulling unique datasets across different objects within Salesforce. This will help with the additional responsibility of maintaining databases that feed into objects in Salesforce and dashboards in Analytics.
The Business Analyst Specialist must be an effective communicator, a good listener, and have strong interpersonal skills that will assist in cross team collaboration.
- Work with other areas of the business to drive enhanced data, operational reporting and analytics platform
- Build, maintain and enhance dashboards, data models and data pipelines
- Use SQL or other query languages to create complex datasets across multiple tables in Zayo’s Salesforce warehouse
- Identify and automate inefficiencies in the methods the organization currently uses to gather important business data by developing a systemic framework as well as improve data flows
- Provides governance on data accuracy and ensures integrity of data components in key analysis projects and playbooks
- Run processes that use data to identify market and business trends to increase profits and efficiency
- Implement and maintain methodologies for tracking and reporting on key business operational and financial metrics
- Understand, utilize, and maximize our data, in Salesforce.com and other databases to optimize business insights
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Analytics, Operations Management, Data Science, or other Quantitative Field
- Ability to understand and create charts, graphs, and data visualization models
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel and G-Suite applications
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Intermediate experience with Einstein Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization software
- Ability to create reports and dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Passion for creating a data driven culture and delivering value
- Ability to coordinate across teams and disciplines to drive process improvements and automation
- Self-starter who is able to tackle work in an unstructured environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, as well as manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- A team player who can collaborate naturally on high priority projects and initiatives
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong financial acumen and a passion for data
- Must be highly organized and a strong communicator both written and verbal
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred
What we offer
Base pay range: $64,700 - $86,300, commensurate with experience.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave