When JetBlue first took flight in February 2000, our founding goal was to bring humanity back to air travel, and over two decades later, we still put our customers, crewmembers and communities at the center of everything we do.
Before we even had aircraft to fly, our founders selected five values to guide us, which are safety, caring, integrity, passion and fun. These core values shape our culture and empower our 25,000 crewmembers to deliver a meaningful JetBlue Experience to more than 40 million customers that fly with us each year to nearly 100 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America.
We’re proud to be New York's Hometown Airline®, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood, Los Angeles, Orlando, and San Juan.
The Business Analyst, IT Loyalty provides direct support to the IT Loyalty team by supporting the Project Manager in the development of materials in support of the planning and execution of IT projects. With the guidance of a Project Manager, the Business Analyst actively supports all aspects of the projects from start to finish with a particular emphasis on requirements development and participation project quality activities. The Business Analyst may occasionally serve as the project lead on smaller, well-defined projects or provide support to IT Managers in project initiation activities.
- Actively support a manageable portfolio of projects from start to finish in accordance with JetBlue IT policies and processes, produce clear, detailed project scoping and design documentation to be used by technical specialists to build appropriate solutions
- Elicit and develop clear, traceable requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers, architects, subject matter experts, and other IT team members to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Assist in the development of business cases, considering financial, resource, and technological constraints; develop cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and risks
- Ensure that approved requirements are developed in sufficient scope and detail to result in the delivery of a solution that meets customer needs as they perceive them
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts: Functional Requirements; Technical Requirements, including architecture, interfaces, security and business continuity
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline; OR demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities with a High School Diploma/GED and at least four (4) years of previous relevant work experience
- One (1) year of experience supporting projects with business user and IT components
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including the ability to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical and analytic ability through a live work sample during the hiring process
- Ability to review, consolidate, communicate and reverse-engineer complex technical and systems documentation
- Working knowledge of risk management and quality assurance standards and methodologies
- Experience in statistical and other quantitative and qualitative analytical methodologies
- Experience in the commercial aviation industries with exposure to supporting IT systems and technologies
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Authorization to work in the US is required. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Preferred Experience And Qualifications
- Working knowledge of industry standards in project management and development methodologies (Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Agile Methods, Rational Unified Process (RUP), etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical and basic project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills including the ability to motivate and influence others, and able to foster and contribute to a positive, upbeat team environment
- Strong customer service ethic and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivers to the Customer
- High tolerance for working in a dynamic and shifting environment and able to readily embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts including Microsoft technologies
- Ability to work well with others and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
The base pay range for this position is between $77,000.00 and $112,000.00 per year. Base pay is one component of JetBlue’s total compensation package, which may also include access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, crewmember stock purchase plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, free space available travel on JetBlue, and more.