December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Everest Group, Ltd. (“Everest”) is a global underwriting leader providing best-in-class property, casualty, and specialty reinsurance and insurance solutions that address customers’ most pressing challenges. Known for a 50-year track record of disciplined underwriting, capital and risk management, Everest, through its global operating affiliates, is committed to underwriting opportunity for colleagues, customers, shareholders, and communities worldwide. Everest is in over 100 countries across 6 continents. We provide the world with protection, we underwrite more than risk, we underwrite opportunity.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Everest is looking for a Business Analyst to join us in our Warren, NJ, New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA office. This role will support multiple Rating Tools across various business segments and will report to the Product Owner. These rating tools include complex Excel spreadsheets, Coherent/Spark and Unqork technology. The various Rating Tools support rating, forms selection, quoting, booking and policy issuance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partner with Everest Technology Services to support requirements sessions with key stakeholders
- Partner with Product or Platform Owners, key stakeholders, and Everest Technology Services to define release scope.
- Working with business stakeholders, product/platform owners, and other business analysts to support continuous re-prioritization of backlog(s) for the supported tools.
- Organize and support user acceptance test planning and execution and support QA and performance testing activities.
- Manage the production process for the Tools once UAT sign off has been acquired.
- Partner with business and operations to develop training strategy and content.
- Create and publish communications to document enhancements that have been put into production.
- Assist Everest Technology Solutions in analysis to identify root cause of problems; assist in developing solutions; and drive action towards resolution.
- Create documentation and support communication for various stakeholder meetings and senior leadership updates as required.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- We are looking for business analysts with a range of 2 – 10 years’ experience in business analysis, business architecture, or similar role including experience in working with systems through the whole project lifecycle from requirements gathering/ scoping through to testing and go live.
- Fit and level will be dependent on years of experience and background in specific areas of need.
- Novice - expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required: clearance, rating, policy administration, document storage, forms, workflow, booking, billing, premium audit, claims, and external facing portals.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in commercial property and casualty insurance.
- Experience in requirements writing and/or business documentation.
- Agile experience preferred.
- UX experience is desired.
- Degree in risk management, business, technology, engineering, related field preferred; or commensurate business experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication, documentation, organization, presentation and planning skills.
- Ability to create strong relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and end users
- Ability to support or lead strategy and requirement discussions and document requirements; ability to analyze business needs.
- Problem solver with a strong sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn technical specifications.
- Continuous learning/improvement mindset.
- Ability to work both constructively in a team environment as well as effectively independently in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and IT partners.
What we offer
For NYC Only: The base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $100,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.