Business Analyst, Governance
About Our Company
As a leading location intelligence platform provider (Forrester Wave 2020), Esri empowers leaders with innovative tools to help create sustainable prosperity. Esri's customers drive digital transformation by embracing the power of location.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This process-focused role will actively engage with business and technical staff to understand needs, define requirements, model processes, and ensure the quality of documentation meets defined standards. This role will coordinate with stakeholders and scrum teams to prioritize demands, test deliverables, and communicate release schedules. In this role, you will support the product owner to participate in and facilitate workshops, stakeholder and status meetings, and prioritization/alignment discussions. Deliverables include business requirement documents, functional specifications, process models and workflows, technical documentation, data visualizations, project plans and user stories, and policy and standards documentation. You will also serve as a librarian and central driver of internal documentation for the team and related functions.
- Work with requestors to document requirements, business value, outcomes, potential issues, compliance needs, and information classification
- Assist with the work intake process for the data management and governance team
- Facilitate conversations with business and technical staff to define and document processes, rules, service levels, and responsibilities
- Partner with developers to create and maintain technical documentation
- Report development, data validation, and end-user testing
- Bachelor's in Business, Mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role utilizing an architecture framework; or a Masters in Business, Mathematics, or related field with 1 year relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and delivering presentations, project communications, and organizational change management
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand business needs and translate into requirements and business value (business case)
- Ability to set individual priorities and help a team plan tasks and organizational objectives
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of core business platforms (SAP, Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft)
- 2+ years of experience developing business process framework documentation, business analysis, and SDLC artifacts in a hybrid agile-project delivery model
- Knowledge of data structures, data warehousing, and SQL
- Familiarity with cloud computing and cloud data management tools
- Understanding of common frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, ArchiMate)
- Experience creating reports and analytics using Excel, Power BI, or other BI tools
What we offer
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $66,560.00 - $99,840.00.