Maricopa County is the nation's fastest-growing county and its fourth most populous. Our county government exists to improve lives, now and for the long-term.
Application Deadline: 11/19/23
Do you thrive on diving deep into the world of numbers and financial intricacies? Are you ready to be among the protectors of Maricopa County against the ongoing threat of regional flooding? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to play a vital role in our mission by managing a substantial operating budget.
As the Finance Budget Analyst for the District, you'll be financial support to guard our community against regional flooding. Your duties will involve coordinating the creation of our annual operating budgets, closely scrutinizing ongoing expenditures, and finding new avenues to streamline and improve our financial processes. Working with diverse teams, from managers to engineers to our creative staff, you'll craft a budget that is not just numbers on paper but a defense against regional flooding.
- Maintain and keep the budget preparation computer system up to date. Formulate both short-term and long-term financial forecasts to inform decision-making and resource allocation
- Examine and authorize all financial encumbering documents, including purchase requests, work assignments, and agenda items, to verify the accuracy of accounting string information and confirm the necessary budgetary allocations
- Assemble the annual budget, encompassing data collection, input into the county system, and the generation of multiple schedules. Promote cooperation with division managers, branch managers, and the Budget Office to ensure a well-rounded approach to developing a balanced budget
- Monitor spending and ensure adherence to the budget plan. Assess fiscal performance and compile and distribute monthly budget reports. Collaborate with branch managers to gain insights into emerging budget needs and identify areas with surplus funds
- Address inquiries for information; review, investigate, and rectify errors in documents and reports; furnish authorized department and District staff with budgetary information
- Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, or negligible amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree
- Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software, and Hardware
- ERP system for financial, budget, and procurement data, web-based databases, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Only the most qualified candidates will be considered
- Consideration will only be given to candidates who submit online applications
- Candidates will be contacted primarily through email and their Workday online application profile
- Must pass a pre-employment background and/or fingerprint investigation as required by statute or policy, including drug and alcohol testing requirements for positions designated as safety-sensitive
$60,000 - $98,500 annually
Salary offers are based on the candidate's equivalent experience and internal equity with other employees within the same job classification. The position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Proud to Offer
- Perform work with a greater purpose
- Opportunities for growth and development within Maricopa County
- Tuition reimbursement
- Exceptional work-life balance, with hybrid and alternative work schedule options
- Low-cost, high-value healthcare for you and your qualifying dependents
- Maricopa County participates in the Arizona State Retirement System. This defined retirement benefit requires a 12.29% monthly contribution rate and includes a 100% employer match on Day 1
- Paid vacation, sick, and parental (birth/adoption) leaves
- Extensive wellness program, including healthcare premium discounts
- Employee discounts for goods and services
- Learn more at Work With Us | Maricopa County, AZ