February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Erickson Senior Living is the leading developer and manager of continuing care communities and home to 28,000 seniors across the United States. Each day, our 15,000 employees strive to provide the very best in care and service to the residents who choose to call us home. With first rate amenities and programs delivered in vibrant campus settings, Erickson Senior Living is setting a new standard of senior health and well-being.
Headquartered in Catonsville, Maryland and currently operating a national network of communities, we are poised for significant expansion in the high-growth senior housing and living market, creating opportunity at every level in the organization. Our leaders know that the Erickson vision of helping people live better lives is best realized when we grow and develop our employees, honor and engage our residents, and give back to the communities where we live and work.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our Finance organization. The Business Analyst will serve as a partner between I.T. and Finance and implement solutions that align with the organization’s business objectives. The initial focus will be on the implementation and ongoing support for the BlackLine financial software, becoming a subject matter expert for questions, advice, and training for our home office and community partners. The Business Analyst will be involved in all aspects of implementing BlackLine and other financial solutions, including process engineering, reporting & data analysis, client support and education, documentation, testing, and communications with business clients. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial software systems implementation, with BlackLine experience highly preferred.
The Business Analyst will work in our Finance office in Catonsville, MD.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Serve as a partner between information technologies and finance and implement solutions that align with the organization’s business objectives.
- Work in conjunction with systems analysts and developers to build value added business functions and processes.
- Work directly with end users and finance leaders to establish communication channels, understand and engineer processes, define system scope and objectives, define business and user requirements for projects and manage those requirements.
- Provide direct end user functional support and provides necessary training on systems.
- Report on and analyze key data for the finance organization.
What You Will Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Information Technology preferred; graduate degree a plus.
- 2-4 years of related work experience is required.
- Experience with BlackLine is highly preferred.
- Experience with financial process modeling and mapping, workflow analysis, use cases, blueprinting, system design methods, and other useful techniques aimed at business understanding.
- Experience with financial systems and applications.
- Strong analytical and quantitative competencies.
- Understanding of business processes and how the technologies enable the process.
- Speak and write clearly and effectively even when relating complex information.
- Detail oriented and critical thinking ability required. Must be able to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues. Must have the ability to quickly process issues and be able to clearly communicate thoughts.
What we offer
Compensation: Commensurate with experience starting at $80,000 annually
What We Offer
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.