December 3, 2023
About Our Company
U.S. Bancorp, with nearly 70,000 employees and $554 billion in assets as of December 31, 2020, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. The Minneapolis-based bank blends its relationship teams, branches and ATM network with digital tools that allow customers to bank when, where and how they prefer. U.S. Bank is committed to serving its millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial, corporate, and investment customers across the country and around the world as a trusted and responsible financial partner. This commitment continues to earn a spot on the Ethisphere Institute’s World’s Most Ethical Companies list and puts U.S. Bank in the top 5% of global companies assessed on the CDP A List for climate change action. Visit usbank.com for more.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Remote, MN, United States
Remote, PA, United States
Talented IT professional capable of providing business analysis support on U.S. Bancorp Asset Management, Inc. and PFM Asset Management LLC project initiatives.
- Provides project and analytical support to assigned business line or functional area.
- Performs research, analysis, review, development, implementations, and monitoring of new and/or revised products/services.
- Acts as a project liaison with other departments.
- Analyzes current costs and estimates the cost or cost savings.
- Compiles and analyzes information for an assigned project or areas making recommendations based on findings.
- May supervise a team of project staff.
- Leads the discovery, business analysis and requirements elicitation, as well as participates in the testing, quality assurance, and implementation of business and IT projects.
- Thorough understanding of standard project processes and the software development life cycle.
- Work closely with business line and operations SMEs to document the current and to-be processes, identify gaps, and elicit business requirements and business rules.
- Ability to translate the business requirements to the technology project team members to ensure understanding.
- Reviews the solution design and traces back to functional and non-functional requirements to confirm business needs and business rules are met.
- Follows project processes and procedures for IT projects to ensure all information systems, products, and services meet company standards and end-user requirements.
- Works with project team members to participate and provide input to project plans, schedules, detailed tasks, and milestone activities.
- May assist in the coordination of testing activities to verify quality and provides results to project leadership.
- May assist testers in writing test cases.
- May facilitate the definition and management of IT and UAT test environment requirements and setups.
- Ensures requirements deliverables meet audit criteria.
- Interfaces with stakeholders and end users to ensure that systems are developed which meet their business need and specifications.
- Provides status reporting to project team and project manager.
- Helps define risk mitigation strategies and actions to remove obstacles to quality solution delivery.
- Communicates and endorses strict adherence to methodologies, processes, and standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis.
- Maintains contact with project stakeholders, when required, to ensure project quality expectations are understood and met.
- Experienced working on both Agile and Waterfall teams.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eight to ten years of experience in project management activities
- Considerable knowledge of assigned business line or functional area
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of project management
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry, with knowledge of asset management business, systems, and/or processes preferred.
- Proficiency with business process analysis and documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to adapt business requirements and/or priorities based on changing business needs
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas and conferring with business leaders and project stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong technical skills in process mapping
- Business Analysis Certification preferred
What we offer
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law