September 14, 2023
About Our Company
For 150 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Today, Holland America Line's fleet of 11 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents. Cruises include both popular and less-traveled ports in the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, Mexico, South America, the Panama Canal, Australia, New Zealand and Asia — as well as unique voyages to the Amazon, Antarctica and our extended Grand Voyages.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We’re looking for an amazing Business Analyst to fill this role. This multi-faceted position will fill a key role on the Crew Management Reporting, Analytics, and Solutions team within the Crew Operations organization. Responsible for supporting the team and our in-house clients in a variety of ways. This role will meet with business owners to breakdown their needs and effectively communicate solutions to our BI Developers. The Business Analyst supports the team in delivering business solutions by modifying and writing basic SQL queries, using Excel to manipulate data extracts, assisting with PowerBI troubleshooting, configuring Power Automate Flows, setting up report subscriptions, and developing, administering, and optimizing processes and workflows. Although you don’t need experience in all these areas on Day 1, you need to be naturally inquisitive, persistent, detail-oriented, and passionate about serving our stakeholders by expanding your skillset as business needs dictate.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Business Analyst. Is this you?
- Partner with stakeholders to acquire an expert level understanding of business processes, understand what stakeholders really need, develop solutions, and define requirements in technical specifications. This can include modeling minimum viable products (MVPs) in Excel or in partnership with developers to validate and improve solutions
- Work collaboratively with development team and report owners to refine technical specifications, test solutions, and perform troubleshooting.
- Maintain reporting environment by taking on certain administrative tasks, eg schedule report subscriptions, set up report permissions, maintain documentation pertaining to the reporting catalog, data dictionary, and similar items. Ensure solutions comply with PII, SOX and other laws and regulations.
- Design and improve workflows by configuring custom Power Automate solutions, eg flows with triggers
- Participate in various initiatives and special projects
- 3-5 years of experience in a related analytical role
- Analytical, creative, and naturally inquisitive
- Passion for improving processes and discovering solutions
- Ability to think big picture, while being detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to relationship build
- Organized, with strong time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in Excel
- Beginner level experience in one or more of the following: SQL, PowerBI, Power Automate
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America Line is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
Please note that this position can be 100% fully remote, US Only (please note that Holland America Line is not setup to hire anyone in the following states: AR, DE, HI, ME, MN, MS, NE, NH, OK, SD, VT, WV, WY)
What we offer
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $78,200.00 to $105,600.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.