August 31, 2023
About Our Company
At WSP USA, our expertise lies at the intersection of the infrastructure and the skylines we have helped to shape from coast to coast.
We can meet your needs with cross-disciplinary services across multiple sectors and markets including: advisory; buildings; water and environment; energy; and transportation & infrastructure.
Our professionals have planned, designed and managed the construction of some of the most iconic high-rise buildings, bridges, highways, tunnels and transit and rail systems across the United States. Some of our most notable projects include major expansions of the New York and Los Angeles transit systems, as well as iconic buildings such as One World Trade Center and 432 Park Avenue in New York City, the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco, and the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Job Description & Responsibilities
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Business Analyst. This position will be based out of Costa Mesa, CA.
The Business Analyst oversees business reporting and analysis. They look for the best ways to improve processes and increase effectiveness by producing actionable reporting, analysis, and recommendations for management review.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Manager may assign other duties as needed.
- Access, pull, revise, and analyze data from a variety of data sources; gather new data, link disparate forms of data, and creatively use existing data to propose solutions and present them in a compelling way.
- Form a deep understanding of our financial processes and support the organization in budgeting, analysis, and auditing against our annual operating plan.
- Build new and improved ways of visualizing data sets that will make decision making easier for the business and deliver insights through dashboards and presentations; gather requirements from senior management and innovate to meet their needs.
- Gather, communicate, and complete requirements that will ensure the desired outcomes; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy and goals to realize requirements.
- Develops recommendations for improving the efficiency and performance of processes.
- Proactively communicate on progress, issues, and risks by applying reporting mechanisms for regular status updates pertaining to all areas within the project's scope.
- Assist in driving process improvement, data optimization, and standardization with Operations and Quality Assurance to support evolving business needs, and enhance tracking of performance metrics, while balancing the need for flexibility.
- Identify and collaborate on standard methodologies for optimizing the organization and the use of data.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrable ability to own and handle multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Ability to achieve and maintain departmental performance standard.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and be able to translate data into action. Expertise in compliance audit and reporting, including establishing internal audit. Possess the ability to influence key decision makers and collaborate across business lines.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to lead teams of various sizes, ability to focus on broader goals and project details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely, and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to adhere to attendance requirements.
- Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, carry, walk, and stand.
- Vision for reading, recording and interpreting information.
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication.
- Daily use of computer and keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment.
- Noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Education And/Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, Business Administration, Statistics, or related subject area.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Two (2) years of data analytics experience in a call center setting.
- Experience with SQL and using disparate databases and data sets to solve business problems.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as OAC and PowerBI.
What we offer
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental, vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave; paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or attendance at naturalization proceedings.
Expected Salary (all locations): $73,000 - $85,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, and/or federal law.