Business Analyst, Ecommerce
About Our Company
Costco Wholesale is a multibillion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in 11 countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and rapid international expansion, we continue to provide an atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of excellence. Costco offers great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Come join the Costco Wholesale IT family. Costco IT is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, working through exciting transformation efforts. We are building the next generation retail environment where you will be surrounded by dedicated and highly professional employees.
Business Analyst will work closely with end users, user experience designers, business unit representatives, development architects/engineers, quality assurance, and others in all stages of the project lifecycle, including discovery, design, development, testing, and implementation.
This position will be responsible for developing detailed business requirements, process flow diagrams, user journeys, along with other appropriate standard analysis artifacts. The individual in this role will be involved in program/project implementations, as well as support multiple customers and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to help realize business benefits and define a set of business requirements and user journeys that will translate into valuable business solutions and technology systems.
- Defines and communicates requirements, risks, and issues that may require changes to plans or scope.
- Collaborates with the QA Team to ensure acceptance criteria are easily translatable to test scripts.
- Leads and participates in User Acceptance Testing/demos for confirmation of requirements implementation prior to deployment.
- Assists the development team with the translation of business requirements into functional or non-functional specifications.
- Ensures appropriate stakeholders are involved, obtains required information for capturing and validating requirements and other artifacts, and manages changes and conflicts during the requirements gathering process.
- Prepares artifacts in a clear, explicit, and presentable format.
- Possesses product knowledge and process improvement skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively propose solutions.
- Identifies, builds, and manages stakeholder relationships (i.e., business partners, users, vendors, customers, project team members, and management leaders).
- Evaluates project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies to determine the appropriate business analysis approach.
- Leads in requirements gathering and project scoping.
- Manages product requests for enhancements and makes recommendations/provides feedback to the development team for enhancement implementation.
- Supports the business post go-live and creates and/or assists in the training of the process in the new system.
- Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining and increasing effectiveness through continuous process improvement.
- Stakeholder and team interaction:
- Determines business influence and relationship needs.
- Builds and manages business relationships including business partners, end users, suppliers, customers, project team members, and management leaders.
- Interacts with technical team(s) to translate functional specifications into technology solutions.
- Elicitation and communication:
- Ensures appropriate stakeholders are involved and obtains required information for capturing and validating requirements, journeys, and other artifacts.
- Organizes and synthesizes large amounts of information provided by stakeholders.
- Develops business analysis artifacts (use cases, customer journeys, business models, etc.) to document “as-is” and “to-be” requirements.
- Prepares artifacts in an understandable and presentable format.
- Leads and participates in Business and User Acceptance sessions for confirmation of requirements.
- Requirements management process:
- Prioritizes requirements effectively based on appropriately identified factors.
- Ensures that all requirements and journeys support the delivery of business value, fulfill goals and objectives, and meet stakeholder needs.
- Collaborates with solution architects, process specialists, software developers, and other project stakeholders to design exceptional user experiences.
- Analyzes and evaluates current user interfaces and proposes usability improvements.
- Conducts competitive analysis research to better understand prevalent interaction solutions.
- Creates interactive simulations/prototypes to help project teams, stakeholders, and users explore and understand proposed business solutions.
- Manages requirements, traceability, and future reuse.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope.
- Minimum 8 years’ Business Analysis and ecommerce experience.
- Deep understanding of business requirements elicitation and stakeholder management.
- Proficient in requirements gathering, business modeling, user journey modeling/documenting, project scoping, and use case creation.
- High level proficiency in utilizing development, data, and business process analysis tools/utilities (SDLC, Business Process models, use case modeling, context diagramming, functional decomposition).
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as a positive attitude.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills.
- Proven leadership skills; demonstrated team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate team members that report to other groups in the organization.
- Extreme responsiveness with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at assessing issues with ability to devise workable solutions quickly.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Flexible; must be able to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction; able to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates/timelines.
- Experience in negotiating timelines and deliverables.
- Proven experience in Agile/DevOps methodologies.
- Strong process knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles.
- Experience with executing project governance, including change control and issue/risk management.
- Working knowledge of Project Management Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Microsoft Project, SmartSheets, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to travel globally as needed.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business including evening, weekend, and holidays; 24x7x365 operations; able to adjust work hours to accommodate global teams.
- BA in Business Analysis, Business, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Professional business analysis certifications, such as CBAP or CCBA.
- 2-5 years’ of retail business knowledge.
- Experience in Ecommerce Solutions, specifically SAP Commerce Platforms.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems, specifically Logistics Reply.
- Experience with projects focused on infrastructures and software solutions.
- Proficient in the use of the Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation, analytics.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin a plus.
- Cover Letter
What we offer
Level 2 - $90,000 - $120,000
Level 3 - $110,000 - $145,000
Level 4 - $135,000 - $170,000
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, health benefits - medical/dental/vision/hearing aid/pharmacy/behavioral health/employee assistance, health care reimbursement account, dependent care assistance plan, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, 401(k), stock purchase plan to eligible employees.