December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Everest Group, Ltd. (“Everest”) is a global underwriting leader providing best-in-class property, casualty, and specialty reinsurance and insurance solutions that address customers’ most pressing challenges. Known for a 50-year track record of disciplined underwriting, capital and risk management, Everest, through its global operating affiliates, is committed to underwriting opportunity for colleagues, customers, shareholders, and communities worldwide. Everest is in over 100 countries across 6 continents. We provide the world with protection, we underwrite more than risk, we underwrite opportunity.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Everest is looking for a Business Analyst to join our company within our Warren, NJ, New York, NY, Stamford, CT, or Hartford, CT offices. This role will support our underwriting workbench platform and broker engagement solutions reporting to the Platform Owner. The underwriting platform includes systems that support clearance, rating, policy administration, document storage, forms, and workflow.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partner with business line, operations, and technology teams to lead requirements sessions with key stakeholders and to document requirements, user stories and define release scope.
- Work with business stakeholders, product owner, and other business analysts, support continuous re-prioritize of backlog.
- Support and participate in user acceptance test planning and execution and support QA activities.
- Support the delivery of platform releases including coordination and post-production check out activity. (1 weekend/month typical; other times may be required).
- Collaborate with other business analysts, align on, and assist in execution of strategic / enterprise deliverables.
- Partner with business and operations to develop training strategy and content.
- Assist technology partners with analysis to identify root cause of problems; assist in developing solutions; and drive action towards resolution.
- Create documentation and support communication for various stakeholder meetings and senior leadership updates as required.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- We are looking for business analysts with 4+ years’ experience in business analysis, business architecture, or similar role including experience in working with systems through the project lifecycle from requirements gathering/ scoping through to testing and go live.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance desired but not required.
- Agile experience desired.
- Knowledge of requirements writing and/or technical documentation.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in commercial property and casualty insurance.
- Experience with multi-vendor insurance platforms including Guidewire preferred
- Degree in insurance, risk management, business, technology, engineering, or related field or commensurate business experience
- Degree in risk management, business, technology, engineering, related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong communication, documentation, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to create strong relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and end users
- Ability to think critically around deliverable alignment in conjunction with other relevant IT Systems and Process Standardization improvements.
- Ability to lead strategy and requirements discussions and document requirements.
- Problem solver with a strong sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn technical specifications.
- Ability to work both constructively in a team environment as well as effectively
- Problem solver with a strong sense of individual ownership and accountability
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn technical specifications
- Continuous learning mindset
- Ability to work both constructively in a team environment as well as effectively independently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels and stakeholder groups.
What we offer
For NYC Only: The base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $115,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.