August 31, 2023
About Our Company
Co-op Solutions partners with credit unions to drive growth through integrated payments technology solutions. We help deliver member-centric and digital-first services designed to improve earnings, operational efficiencies, and the member experience.
Founded by, created for, and built to serve credit unions, Co-op understands what is special about the mission of people helping people. We partner with top U.S. credit unions, powering over 8 billion transactions annually, cementing our role as a driving force in the industry.
With Co-op, credit unions will become the most essential resource in their members’ financial lives—now and into the future.
Make every experience matter.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented Configuration Business Analyst III. The Configuration Business Analyst III role is responsible for identifying the tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes, products, and services. Resource will be responsible for the development of moderate to high complexity business, technical, scope and requirements documentation for Co-op applications, systems, databases, and reporting. Assist in formulating recommendations that enable the organization or business unit achieve its goals. Person will have expert knowledge of one, or multiple areas, of Co-op Configuration Management, its products and or services.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
Business requirements and scope development – 50%
- Uses methods of elicitation to identify and understand our stakeholders needs, concerns and understand the environment in which they work with a focus on moderate to complex projects. (Elicitation)
- Responsible for prioritizing and refining requirements in a way that meets the needs of the organization and its clients in a timely manner. (Requirements Analysis)
- Provide leadership in the evaluation of proposed solutions, define configuration parameters to be used by configuration resources in building the system, and further assess the deployed solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs or the business and or client. (Solution Assessment and Validation)
- Provide requirements to Configuration Analyst resources used for completing paperwork/forms prior to submission to vendors for system build/setup.
- Provide evaluation of proposed solutions, define configuration parameters used by Configuration Analyst resources in building the system, and further assess the deployed solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs or the business and/or client. (Solution Assessment and Validation)
- Documents and designs solutions in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
- Responsible for helping define estimate, scope and requirements templates for use by other Business Analysts and helping ensure those templates are used across all projects.
Coordinate projects and delivery proper documentation – 25%
- Communicate effectively, consistently and iteratively with internal business partners and clients to ensure the understanding of appropriate business processes, requirements, and project timelines.
- Ensure the development of all project scope and requirement documents are completed and signed off on by internal business partners and clients. Use an iterative approach involving business and clients to ensure needs and requirements are well defined.
- Ensure involvement of project team members in the development of project estimates and that those estimates are delivered to our business partners and clients in a timely manner.
Build strong internal and external partnerships – 15%
- Develop working relationships with internal business partners and project team members.
- Develop knowledge of internal and external partner business and processes.
- Build trust with our partners in our knowledge and delivery of technology.
- Communicate effectively to other project team members and internal business partners as required.
Actively support Co-op’s strategic future, culture and leadership practices – 5%
Creates successful partnerships
Partners internally and externally – with other Co-op staff, clients, vendors, business partners and owners
Is a Trusted Advisor
Supports the team
Supports the company
Has a can-do attitude
Upholds our communication promise
Goes above and beyond
Provides clear, concise and timely communication
Asks for clarity
Honors the integrity of others
Takes “positive action about things I don’t like”
Prevents collusion, triangulation and gossip
Leads by asking questions
Speaks and acts from possibility
Leads and follows
Wears an owner’s hat
Has a 360 degree perspective
Holds self and others as capable and able – and accountable
Sees that fun provides energy for success
Follows our leadership practices
Actively seeks additional leadership skills
Has a focus on leadership skill development supported by an active “Leadership Stand”
Regularly practices “Completion and Closure”
Proactively pursues development opportunities and shows expected progress on learning plan – 5%
- Identifies development opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning
Mentors and coaches for the development of less tenured Business Analysts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 5+ years’ experience performing current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- 5+ years’ experience answering questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the project and product development process.
- 5+ years’ experience coordinating tactical-related business requests for configuration enhancements.
- 5+ years’ experience understanding the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- 5+ years’ experience documenting, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- 5+ years’ experience collaborating with other departments and Configuration Management to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- 5+ years’ effective planning, scheduling, coordinating moderate to high complexity projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- 5+ years’ experience serving as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- 5+ years’ experience collaborating with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide configuration solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience planning, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience facilitating requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and configuration resources.
- Creativity and the foresight to identify potential problems within the application and its interface.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to non-public business, financial and technological information, plans or data.
- Possess high motivation and self-direction, sound problem solving skills, decision making and multi- tasking skills.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Excellent understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Excellent ability to lead, train, mentor and help others grow in the careers.
- Ability to influence a culture of embracing change, taking a consultative lead, collaborating for results, putting clients and consumers doing it right and going beyond.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Ability to evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
- Ability to become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major.
- 5+ years’ experience in Financial Industry.
What we offer
For California, Colorado and New York Applicants: In accordance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this position is between:
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00
Actual Pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position qualifies for the following benefits; Co-op Solutions offers a competitive Total Rewards package: 401(k) with generous company match, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options, Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term disability benefits, Pregnancy and Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Community Volunteer Time Off, and an Employee Assistance Program.