September 11, 2023
About Our Company
At City National Bank, we make it our business to be personal. Since our founding in 1954, we've always prioritized helping our clients, colleagues and communities flourish, and our legacy of integrity and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive strong growth today.
Along with personal, private and business banking, City National makes available wealth management, brokerage and leasing services, and software solutions. We are committed to a company culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of the world’s largest banks.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Assist the Compliance Practices department in administrating elements under the Compliance Program such as regulatory change management, compliance risk assessment, and issue management. Engage with colleagues within the three lines of defense (e.g., 1LOD, 2LOD, 3LOD) across the Bank and Royal Bank of Canada.
Compliance Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Compliance Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
What you will do
- Administrate and support the Compliance Program elements under regulatory change management, compliance risk assessment, and issue management.
- Assist in enhancing the compliance program through design, implementation and maintaining Bank specific frameworks to ensure alignment under Heightened Standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels and participate in working groups, governance committees or other groups by providing insight, advisory, or performance metrics.
- Participate where warranted in remediation plan efforts that cover regulatory change management, compliance risk assessment, issue management, compliance product evaluations, compliance with third-party, compliance training, and enhancing policy and procedures.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and emerging risks from internal and/or external environments that may have impact to the Bank
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of related regulatory and bank policies and procedures.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years experience in banking and compliance.
- Minimum 7 years experience with regulatory change management, compliance risk assessment or issue management.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing projects or processes
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to influence/motivate others to product desired results.
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle problem situations with colleagues effectively and take appropriate action appropriately.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; broad knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates the issues to appropriate level of management.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to perform functional duties and related positions with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional PC skills required, including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of bank technology and systems.
What we offer
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.