August 31, 2023
About Our Company
Miles markets destinations and hospitality businesses by working with state tourism offices, convention & visitors bureaus, hotels and other organizations in the travel and tourism industry to create forward-thinking digital and print content marketing solutions.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Location: Preference for candidates in Lakewood, CO but open to remote candidates in the United States.
The Business Analyst is responsible for generating and analyzing financial information to help Miles Partnership’s Account Directors make well-informed decisions.
- Consolidates and analyzes financial data (budgets/income statement forecasts) taking into account Miles Partnership’s goals and financial standing
- Works closely with Account Directors on creating budgets and monthly forecasting
- Provides creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assembles and summarizes data to create reports on financial status and risks
- Develops financial models, conducts benchmarking and process analysis
- Conducts business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develops forecast models
- Identifies trends, advises Account Directors, and recommends actions based on sound analysis
- Tracks and determines financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Gains and updates job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment (virtually + in person).
- Substantial financial experience, managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Experience managing a wide array of projects and clients simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to review and distill multiple sources of information to support strategy and provide direction.
- Interprets business needs and translates them into practical, operational outcomes.
- Elicit information, interact with stakeholders to identify opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years’ business experience, with a focus in Finance or Accounting
- Proven working experience as a Business Analyst
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed
- Willing to take direction if and when needed, but also work independently
- Able to respond positively to customer and peer criticism and feedback
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Able to effectively manage relationships, both internally and externally
- Displays a dependable, strong work ethic
- Able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
What we offer
COMPENSATION: $70,000 - $100,000 DOE
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision
- 401k matching contribution
- Generous paid time off compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid volunteer opportunities and company supported charitable events
- Collaborative, creative and fun team environment with professional growth opportunities