February 29, 2024
About Our Company
Established in 1985, Kearney & Company is the largest Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firm in the country exclusively focused on the government. Kearney provides financial management services to the government to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of financial operations; increase accountability and compliance with laws, regulations, and guidance; and protect funds from fraud, waste, and abuse. Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by multiple publications over the past decade, Kearney fosters a “people first” culture. Our staff — operating from our Alexandria, Virginia headquarters and satellite offices across the United States — have provided services to every Cabinet-level department and most other agencies and commissions. The support we provide helps make government better.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Kearney & Company is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to review and understand financial operational and contractual information to identify issues, trends, and identify data relationships.
- Able to perform research on topics related to employment, wages and relevant indices including inflation, consumer behavior etc.
- Ability to work independently to complete work, perform quality checks on your work, identify next steps and contribute to the team planning process.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to aggregate large amounts of data and review for anomalies, trends and results using excel or other tools and applications.
- Ability to apply statistical analysis, modeling and develop visualization to identify data relationships and reveal information critical to the project.
- Ability to produce and communicate results by participating within the teams Agile Framework structure through daily standups, internal team meetings and client demonstrations and presentations.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills required to demonstrate and explain your analysis and findings
- Ability to travel up to 25% as required for client and company activities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance (requires U.S. citizenship)
- Experience in reviewing contractual documents, performing financial analysis and providing recommendations based on the analysis
What we offer
The expected salary range for this position is between $54k and $72k. This range is representative of base pay only and does not include straight time pay for hours worked over 40 per week, company contributions towards paid benefits, and/or bonuses. Actual compensation (meeting or exceeding the range) will be determined based on specific experience, education, work location, clearance level, and other factors permitted by law. This position is eligible for bonuses (when applicable).
We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and 529 Education Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity Insurances
- Legal Insurance and Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program, fitness and wellness benefits, and other firm benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time